Anish Shroff, Quint Kessenich, Paul Carcaterra
ESPN2/ESPN+
Mon, May 271 p.m.NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship Final
Philadelphia, PA

Anish Shroff, Quint Kessenich, Paul Carcaterra
ESPN/ESPN+

Last edited:
Last edited:
Seems a little strange to me that they send, Syracuse-Denver sub bracket to Towson.

They have seeded teams Maryland and Georgetown in the other 2 sub brackets.

Furthermore, they are sending #1 and #2 to Hofstra.

Seems a little strange to me that they send, Syracuse-Denver sub bracket to Towson.

They have seeded teams Maryland and Georgetown in the other 2 sub brackets.

Furthermore, they are sending #1 and #2 to Hofstra.
Sending Syracuse-Denver to Towson because Syracuse plays Towson. They set it up so if Towson wins first round they play at home in the 2nd round.

Sending Syracuse-Denver to Towson because Syracuse plays Towson. They set it up so if Towson wins first round they play at home in the 2nd round.
Maybe they could have lined Towson up with Hopkins.

Maybe they could have lined Towson up with Hopkins.
Totally agree and what I expected (and hoped for). But once they decided Hopkins for #3 and us for #4 they lined them up per RPI: Towson 16 & Lehigh 21. Although we were 3-2 vs. Top 5 and Hopkins was 1-1 and we had head-to-head, we were 3-5 vs. Top 20 and Hopkins was 6-3. But at least we didn't get St. Joe's.

I thought the reason Towson and Lehigh weren't seeded was so the committee could tweak things. It seems rather stupid to me.

I thought the reason Towson and Lehigh weren't seeded was so the committee could tweak things. It seems rather stupid to me.
Stupid? NCAA selection committee? Surely you jest.

Powellfan suggested in the Bracketology Thread that they didn't want to match up Hopkins and Towson. He didn't say way. I assume because they played early in the season. But so did Maryland and Princeton. So who knows. Maybe they thought it would have been unfair to Hopkins to play them at home because so many Towson fans would attend. ??

Stupid? NCAA selection committee? Surely you jest.
At least they were willing to give us our Sunday 7:30pm timeslot and not force us to play somewhere else like the Soccer Stadium (like the women) or CNS. But maybe they'd rather have the gate receipts than screw us.

Powellfan suggested in the Bracketology Thread that they didn't want to match up Hopkins and Towson. He didn't say way. I assume because they played early in the season. But so did Maryland and Princeton. So who knows. Maybe they thought it would have been unfair to Hopkins to play them at home because so many Towson fans would attend. ??
You'd think the NCAA, because of their penny-pinching Olympic sports ways, would have preferred a Hopkins-Towson matchup. Zero travel expenses, and a gate that might exceed 10,000.

BS screw job. As others have suggested, makes absolutely zero sense from the travel perspective and smells like an agenda.

I'm guessing the line will be something like Cuse -2. Towson is on a roll. Bad draw.

BS screw job. As others have suggested, makes absolutely zero sense from the travel perspective and smells like an agenda.

I'm guessing the line will be something like Cuse -2. Towson is on a roll. Bad draw.

Opened Syracuse -4. Now at Syracuse -3.5

the committee seems to have made a concerted effort to separate all of the big ten and acc teams. if you notice they are all in different quadrants from one another. that is probably the reason for some of the funky pairings...

the committee seems to have made a concerted effort to separate all of the big ten and acc teams. if you notice they are all in different quadrants from one another. that is probably the reason for some of the funky pairings...
Not exactly. They avoided ACC-B1G matches in the 1st round but not the 2nd. I'm surprised they separated all 4 ACC teams in a way that if they all win their first 2 games there will be only all 4 ACC teams in the Final Four. I thought going in they would have wanted to avoid that possibility.

Last edited:
Cannot argue with our placement given the 5 losses & getting shelled by Duke.

Hope the team shows up for the playoffs, ready.

Some other interesting betting lines on FanDuel:

ND vs. the Field:

Notre Dame -130
The Field +102

To Make the Final Four from the "Syracuse" Quadrant:

Syracuse -150
Michigan +370
Denver +450
Towson +750

No exactly. They avoided ACC-B1G matches in the 1st round but not the 2nd. I'm surprised they separated all 4 ACC teams in a way that if they all win their first 2 games there will be only all 4 ACC teams in the Final Four. I thought going in they would have wanted to avoid that possibility.
i meant they separated b1g from b1g and acc from acc. those teams wont meet someone from their own conference until the final four, i.e... there is only one each from the acc and b1g in each quadrant..that seems too intentional to be an coincidence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom