2024 National Signing Day Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 National Signing Day Thread...

Recruit rankings were static or worse under Babers and he was using the woe-is-me/us excuse
I once had work done in my house and an electrician told me I couldn’t have a three way light switch in my kitchen because it wasn’t wired that way. The only thing was, I had lived there for 10 years already and I had a three way light switch. I told him that but he insisted that I couldn’t have one. I told him that I’ve had one for ten years, what do you mean you can’t put a new one in? It didn’t matter, he said I couldn’t do it. So, I got a new electrician and he installed a new three way light switch just like I always had.

Reminds me of Syracuse. Everyone saying we can’t recruit or win at Syracuse when many of us have seen it with our own eyes. We know it can be done because it has been done.

Now. I know the landscape has changed drastically and we are disadvantaged, but this became the excuse, the easy way out. Again, I don’t want to pile on Dino, but perhaps more work, the right hires, and the right pitch might’ve worked better in recruiting for him. Instead, we often threw up the white flag and surrendered. We saw it not only in recruiting but in games too. The result was a losing culture.

I don’t know if Fran Brown can coach a lick or if he can keep up this pace in recruiting, but in the meantime, this certainly gives us hope, which is more than we’ve had in a long time.

I am new to this, and am swept up in the excitement like everyone else. But why did people think commits were going to fax (?) us starting 7 a.m? Is that what has happened before?

I am new to this, and am swept up in the excitement like everyone else. But why did people think commits were going to fax (?) us starting 7 a.m? Is that what has happened before?
Yes. In past years we started seeing social announcements rolling out beginning as early as 7am and throughout the AM. I feel like it was done by about 2pm

Happened every year for at least a decade.

SU would send out tweets welcoming each new recruit when the paperwork was received.

How about right ******* now !!

dr evil.jpg

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine...

Listen to this man. Tell five friends to do the same. And then encourage a local / national business. Loyal fans are the best referral sources.

Know a rich SU fan who may not donate? Tell the ADs office and let them go after them. Everyone can do their part even if they don’t have much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom