2024 National Signing Day Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 National Signing Day Thread...

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine...

1703079666426.gif

I once had work done in my house and an electrician told me I couldn’t have a three way light switch in my kitchen because it wasn’t wired that way. The only thing was, I had lived there for 10 years already and I had a three way light switch. I told him that but he insisted that I couldn’t have one. I told him that I’ve had one for ten years, what do you mean you can’t put a new one in? It didn’t matter, he said I couldn’t do it. So, I got a new electrician and he installed a new three way light switch just like I always had.

Reminds me of Syracuse. Everyone saying we can’t recruit or win at Syracuse when many of us have seen it with our own eyes. We know it can be done because it has been done.

Now. I know the landscape has changed drastically and we are disadvantaged, but this became the excuse, the easy way out. Again, I don’t want to pile on Dino, but perhaps more work, the right hires, and the right pitch might’ve worked better in recruiting for him. Instead, we often threw up the white flag and surrendered. We saw it not only in recruiting but in games too. The result was a losing culture.

I don’t know if Fran Brown can coach a lick or if he can keep up this pace in recruiting, but in the meantime, this certainly gives us hope, which is more than we’ve had in a long time.

I was told a couple months ago that we just had to keep going to Pinstripe Bowls and the recruits would come.

It would be cool if it was released as KJ announces that he picks Cuse. Then Fran releases the names.

I have no idea what the plans are for today or if there are surprises (good or bad) or anything.

But I would say that no one should be panicking. Fran Brown has shown us he’s an exceptional recruiter and there is absolutely no way he’s going to completely fumble NSD social media stuff.

I don’t know what his reason(s) are for not saying anything yet, but he definitely has them. I’m plenty happy to trust the man given what he’s accomplished in the past 30 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom