2024 Offensive Line | Syracusefan.com

2024 Offensive Line

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
What is the likely starting line looking like? How about the top 10 candidates for major playing time this season. We've added some huge pieces, are we bigger than most NFL lines now?

What is the likely starting line looking like? How about the top 10 candidates for major playing time this season. We've added some huge pieces, are we bigger than most NFL lines now?
Nfl definetly not yet but ina few years we will be more like Georgia or Bama last 14 years.

Thought line looked pretty decent in spring game. Some big holes up the middle. I’m bullish

Thought line looked pretty decent in spring game. Some big holes up the middle. I’m bullish
yep and now people are concerned that the D line can't stop the run. The additions at D line were celebrated a few months ago and plenty of hand wringing at O Line. O Line issues at this point seem to be being addressed and now the hand wringing has flipped back to finding D line dude that can run stuff. It will never end and that's fine but sooner or later you have to play the guys you have and the game of musical chairs does end at some point. Nothing will be perfect.

We added a solid transfer at CB from ND. and still see many posting "we need one more CB" Life in the portal era.

Add McCord, now we need a quality back up, which is very tough to find, like I said no roster is bullet proof. It's exhausting really.

We also have Goodacre and Rohasac (he’s here) coming in. Doubt they can crack the two deep, but you never know.

I rewatched it and defensive line wasnt going crazy. Hoping this new guy can help us at RT and slide spoon into guard at either side. Dont think spoon can handle a diggs type at tackle but he can in a guard spot. Just my opinion.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we don’t see defections from OL contributors.

yep and now people are concerned that the D line can't stop the run. The additions at D line were celebrated a few months ago and plenty of hand wringing at O Line. O Line issues at this point seem to be being addressed and now the hand wringing has flipped back to finding D line dude that can run stuff. It will never end and that's fine but sooner or later you have to play the guys you have and the game of musical chairs does end at some point. Nothing will be perfect.

We added a solid transfer at CB from ND. and still see many posting "we need one more CB" Life in the portal era.

Add McCord, now we need a quality back up, which is very tough to find, like I said no roster is bullet proof. It's exhausting really.
I think the needing CB is a real thing. I dont think we can cover a super fast wideout from the Clemsons or Georgias. Maybe Lewis can but this defense needs a single coverage corner (2) of them. If we need to double all the time it will take away from other places we need them at.

I think the needing CB is a real thing. I dont think we can cover a super fast wideout from the Clemsons or Georgias. Maybe Lewis can but this defense needs a single coverage corner (2) of them. If we need to double all the time it will take away from other places we need them at.
Yeah that sounds great in theory but this is where the coaching/ scheming starts and the recruiting stops. Sooner or later it's time to play the kids you have, personally, if you are banking on that caliber of athlete at CB at this point even with Fran I don't see it happening but hey I would never rule him out ever. Talking some serious $.

You are talking about a sure fire NFL CB if they can single cover those types and I must have missed Clemson and Georgia on our schedule? :)

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds great in theory but this is where the coaching/ scheming starts and the recruiting stops. Sooner or later it's time to play the kids you have, personally, if you are banking on that caliber of athlete at CB at this point even with Fran I don't see it happening but hey I would never rule him out ever. Talking some serious $.

You are talking about a sure fire NFL CB if they can single cover those types and I must have missed Clemson and Georgia on our schedule? :)

One of them will be when we get to the playoffs this year I’m sure

They're our quarterfinal and semifinal matchups in the CFP

I rewatched it and defensive line wasnt going crazy. Hoping this new guy can help us at RT and slide spoon into guard at either side. Dont think spoon can handle a diggs type at tackle but he can in a guard spot. Just my opinion.

Important to note that the DL was operating with some restrictions on making plays / hits in the backfield.

Side note from the OP, but I noticed this too. Grant looked good, as did Bellamy (surprised me). But Zeed was getting a step on both of them. Upper tier ACC teams are going to have WR's with speed. So this could be an issue. Hopefully someone emerges among (Jan. enrollees) Haile, Long and Barnes, (transfer) Lewis from ND and McDaniel in July.

Last edited:
Beat me to it. I'm sure there were instructions not to injure our 1's. It's tough to play football at less than full go. I'm not concerned about the Dline.
Still, with +/- 20 guys, moving a lower-rotation OL, Moeolo (6-6 360), to NT is a tantalizing idea (per Go's post #6).

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we don’t see defections from OL contributors.
There 100% will be a few defections. Which is normal considering he have like 20 schollies on the o-line. They will be guys that were non contributors. We will also add a RB or two in my opinion. Yes we have solid running backs but we only have 3 solid running back. We need some depth guys. So I’d expect to add 1-2 Rbs with some of the schollies that will open up from transfers out in the coming week or so

Beat me to it. I'm sure there were instructions not to injure our 1's. It's tough to play football at less than full go. I'm not concerned about the Dline.
Good to know and hard to play if you really can’t go after the QB. I though the one TD Carlos had on a scramble he would have been leveled.

Important to note that the DL was operating with some restrictions on making plays / hits in the backfield.
That’s different from getting bullied at the point of attack which is our concern.