2024 Phil Steele Preview | Syracusefan.com

2024 Phil Steele Preview

He is picking us to finish lower.

yet if you talked to him and went position by position I would bet he would say we are better at just about every spot on the field on offense which is why we won 6 and not 8+

barring injuries

Better at QB
Deeper at RB
Better at TE
Better at WR
Better/deeper at OL

Better/deeper at DB
Better at DE
push at DT
push at LB
Better at safety

no idea how coaching game plan goes but we are not coming off a staff that was lights out.

Funny how different the opinions are as to where are season will be. I posted a while back with someone projecting that we will be CFP contenders. We will be probably land somewhere in the middle. 8 or 9 wins with a top 4 ACC finish.

CBS posted a thing as a playoff contender

Though we could be 12-0 and left out if the ACC falls a certain way

4 SEC teams
4 B10 teams
1 Acc
1 B12
ND
1 non P4

Equal or better than 2 teams on our schedule.

Stacked up against 3 more.

Then against 3 in the upper tier, 2 at home.

Kinda stupid to have us behind Pitt, but whatever. Win 5 in the ACC, win the 4 OOC. Life is good.

sure odds say no.. but you can see a path to 12-0 SU not even playing in the ACC title game
Leagues are so big teams wont play all the best teams either

I wonder when ESPN fixes the leagues to teams schedule page

Before Conf title games

ACC all go 12-0

SU
Lou
UNC

B10 go 12-0

PSU
Oregon'
Iowa
a couple 11-1s

Sec
Ala
Tex
Ole Miss
a couple 11-1s

ND 12-0

Non P4 12-0

Army 12-0

SOS will come into play

Phil Steele can rot in hell with his Daily Racing Form-looking rag of a preview magazine. Behind Pitt? Please. Lindy and Athlon have us 10th/11th I believe, so none of the three major season preview magazines are too high on us, though Lindy seemed the most optimistic as far as us having a higher ceiling than predicted finish

I smell 8-4, 9-3.
Yes and yes. Reality is our ceiling in all likelihood is 10 wins, and our floor is 7 IMO. I agree when I put down the kool aid 8-4 or 9-3 which would be a very respectable start to Fran’s tenure

Yes and yes. Reality is our ceiling in all likelihood is 10 wins, and our floor is 7 IMO. I agree when I put down the kool aid 8-4 or 9-3 which would be a very respectable start to Fran’s tenure
7 wins would be such a letdown. That’s been within reach in recent years. If we show out like we have in the offseason and only get to seven wins … that’s a lotta injuries

7 wins would be such a letdown. That’s been within reach in recent years. If we show out like we have in the offseason and only get to seven wins … that’s a lotta injuries
I agree wholeheartedly- that’s why I think 7 is floor as in everything that can go wrong does. 8-4 or better is what’s needed to back up the new hype. Ideally we have 8-9 wins going into a huge game with Miami to close out.

I agree wholeheartedly- that’s why I think 7 is floor as in everything that can go wrong does. 8-4 or better is what’s needed to back up the new hype. Ideally we have 8-9 wins going into a huge game with Miami to close out.
Fran isn't going to be happy with 8 wins.

we are favored by 14+ vs Ohio
If we cover that we probably are +-2 vs GT
Unless we play really bad vs GT we will be favored vs Stan and Holy cross
if we are 3-1 or 4-0 we are fav vs UNLV

That when the rubber hits the road vs NCst, they will have played Tenn and Clem they could be flying high or have 2 losses and playing 7th game in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom