2024 Phil Steele Preview | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Phil Steele Preview

better to see he has 18 FR coming in with some accolades over last years 8. Just math says more pieces means more chances you find something that could be depth or play makers.

Also interesting he doesn't think we will be favored over anyone but Uconn the last 2 months or so. It could be true but not a given that Pitt/BC or even Miami will be unwinnable late or we will be big dogs.

sure odds say no.. but you can see a path to 12-0 SU not even playing in the ACC title game
Leagues are so big teams wont play all the best teams either

I wonder when ESPN fixes the leagues to teams schedule page

Before Conf title games

ACC all go 12-0

SU
Lou
UNC

B10 go 12-0

PSU
Oregon'
Iowa
a couple 11-1s

Sec
Ala
Tex
Ole Miss
a couple 11-1s

ND 12-0

Non P4 12-0

Army 12-0

SOS will come into play

Just to keep it real, you have 7 teams going undefeated for us to be left out of a playoff.

There has only been one season since 1970 in which 3 teams finished undefeated, less than half of what you propose, in the last 54 years.

Just to keep it real, you have 7 teams going undefeated for us to be left out of a playoff.

There has only been one season since 1970 in which 3 teams finished undefeated, less than half of what you propose, in the last 54 years.
yup.. Huge stretch,

But really the only clear thing is that if you read and listen to fball sites as a whole, if we go 12-0 in the ACC and dont play the ACC title game and win I dont think we get in at 12-1.

yup.. Huge stretch,

But really the only clear thing is that if you read and listen to fball sites as a whole, if we go 12-0 in the ACC and dont play the ACC title game and win I dont think we get in at 12-1.

It all depends on how other teams do, too. No way an undefeated Florida State gets left out in a 12 team tournament. Unless there are a bunch of teams out there with really impressive OOC wins, we should get in.

I don’t know who the 1st team TE is either! Lol
This guy from Clemson. Yes, he looks ridiculous and everyone Clemson has tends to be overrated but he is a good player and has a good chance to play in the NFL.

But imho his ceiling is not very close to our guys.

I found Steele’s preview at my local Barnes and Noble. I didn’t buy it because I started to try and read it while standing there but then my brain and eyeballs exploded because it is so horrific of a layout to the eyes. All I could make out was that he thinks we certainly should be in a pretty good position to make a bowl. Thanks for nothing Phil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom