2024 Schedule | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

It’s a big deal this late for football

We are literally scrambling to find a dancing partner and only have a few options and none are very attractive

This isn’t lacrosse where everything is finalized at the very end….
We’re scrambling because Army dumped most of their schedule and Kansas had some asks that we couldn’t agree to. Still think we should have been the one non conference game that Army kept beyond Air Force and Navy.

We’re scrambling because Army dumped most of their schedule and Kansas had some asks that we couldn’t agree to. Still think we should have been the one non conference game that Army kept beyond Air Force and Navy.
Still want to hear their rationale for keeping UNLV and not us.

He's on a roll...

Think he meant 6 wins

That would make more sense in the context of his comment.

6 wins with 2 being FCS would be very sad.

That would make more sense in the context of his comment.

6 wins with 2 being FCS would be very sad.
Hey but our gates would have been locked!

I'm still thinking 7 wins is our floor in '24...but you never know

If it is Hawaii i hope that we have it at home or have a long break after.

Umass is my pick. It's in our recruiting territory will be a win and should give Fran the ability to evaluate lots of players,

My goal is:

1. Extra Home Game is top priority

My rankings of desirability

Hawaii here week zero or in September
Prefer a true 1 for 1 with a return to Hawaii in their new stadium around 2029.

SMU either as a buy game or a 1 for 1 (non conference)

UMass as a 2 for 1

I'm hearing rumblings that G5 away games going fwd are not desired

Last edited:
SU will get it figured out. Some likely options.

UMass: Has potential openings for 10/12, 10/19 and 11/9
Wagner is on 9/21 and might be able to be moved.

Hawaii: Could do a Week zero game or some other week besides 8/31, 9/14 and 9/21

Mich St. Has 9/14, 10/12 and 11/9 potentially open. 9/14 seems most likely. However, they only have 6 home games and would probably want a home game.

NM St. needs a game. However, would they play 3 out of 4 OOC games away? I think they likely schedule a FCS school there for their opening. However, maybe they need a pay day. Dates filled 9/21, 9/28 and 11/16

SMU: We could do SMU a solid and schedule a non conference game vs them. They have a hole too. Dates filled 8/31 and 9/21. Another OOC game is listed as TBD
Put me firmly in the category of never playing conference foes as non-conference games. Sets a bad precedent and muddies the water.

Put me firmly in the category of never playing conference foes as non-conference games. Sets a bad precedent and muddies the water.
Normally no but it is there as an option

The rumor yes...we'll see. Just no more away G5 games.

I don't like it if true
If SU is thinking of doing this, I would assume all the P4 teams are also. I don't see how the schedules would work out for G5 teams.

If SU is thinking of doing this, I would assume all the P4 teams are also. I don't see how the schedules would work out for G5 teams.
Yes this it isn't something SU is driving...edit: as alluded below the ACC is discouraging G5 away games

Last edited:
Schedule SMU and be done with it. Not a pushover by any means.
I don’t know. I watched their bowl game against BC and they didn’t look that great. I suspect (as we all do) that they will soon be an ACC force to be reckoned with because of NIL oil money, but I don’t think they will be making any waves in our conference next season without a radical roster turnover.

IMG_9435.jpeg

From a UMass message board.

The rumor is that the ACC is about to add a conference rule preventing ACC schools from scheduling G5 opponents on the road.

At the least, they are trying hard to discourage ACC schools from doing this. One rumor says this is driving VT to cancel a long term home and home series with Old Dominion.

That series has been a disaster for Virginia Tech, as they have lost two games on the road to the Monarchs already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom