2024 Schedule | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

So we just enlarged the student section and then took out most of the students for 2 of the 7 homes games

Help it make sense
And kicked all those season ticket holders out of those sections in order to do this. Seems legit

The UNLV game I don't have as much issue with, we were in a tough spot after Army, though I think playing Hawaii at home would have made more sense but I assume an agreement could not be reached for one reason or another.

The lack of 7 home games is an issue. We were able to filip Uconn to home this year but only after Wake flipped their series so their on the road this year and UConn comes to them in like 27 or 28. To many years where SU is in a death struggle to get 7 home games.

There has been a rumbling about the scheduling being incorrect on SU being at ND in 25 and 26 and that one of those will actually be a home game. I hope that's accurate because I don't see the logic in playing back to back road games at ND and if its not were back to 6 home games for 25 and 26 and potentially 27.

SU's OOC scheduling had been somewhat better and abit more balanced but it's all over the place again even before Army backing out with some very weak OOC and then scheduling like were Alabama. We have a real hard time finding that middle ground. The lack of October home game is more on the ACC but its bizarre to have it happen two years in a row. As someone pointed out below 1 home game in essentially two months is almost unheard of for a P5 team.
I understand about UNLV, but not getting a return game, and I doubt they’re paying us to go there seems strange. I can see if it was a 2 for 1 or even a home and home, but how many P5 programs are doing a one off away game at UNLV even with losing the Army game. It seems out of all the schools who had to scramble we got the worst of it by far.

Scheduling has been better for the most part, I just don’t get the easy 24 OOC, but then a loaded 25 OOC.

I understand about UNLV, but not getting a return game, and I doubt they’re paying us to go there seems strange. I can see if it was a 2 for 1 or even a home and home, but how many P5 programs are doing a one off away game at UNLV even with losing the Army game. It seems out of all the schools who had to scramble we got the worst of it by far.

Scheduling has been better for the most part, I just don’t get the easy 24 OOC, but then a loaded 25 OOC.
One would assume they'd be paying us what Army was gonna get, maybe more

A few posters have surmised that UNLV could be coming back here either next year or 26 in a deal where they replace UConn for one of those seasons which would make some sense now that UConn has flipped the 24 game to an SU home game.

25 became loaded because we agreed to the Tenn showcase game. It's actually lessened up a bit with Army backing out. Problem is that the ACC schedule is loaded that year to. 24s ACC schedule would have been a lot easier for that 25 schedule.

A few posters have surmised that UNLV could be coming back here either next year or 26 in a deal where they replace UConn for one of those seasons which would make some sense now that UConn has flipped the 24 game to an SU home game.

25 became loaded because we agreed to the Tenn showcase game. It's actually lessened up a bit with Army backing out. Problem is that the ACC schedule is loaded that year to. 24s ACC schedule would have been a lot easier for that 25 schedule.

UNLV was scheduled to play at Army in 2028.

So we just enlarged the student section and then took out most of the students for 2 of the 7 homes games

Help it make sense
Students will have the option so it’s up to them. Granted I understand the program is currently in a different place but when I was in school (late 90’s) we often had Miami Thanksgiving weekend and still had good student turnouts despite school being out. If we have a good record and competitive a good chunk will make the effort to be there.

UNLV was scheduled to play at Army in 2028.

Don't think a return game would be that far out. SU's currently scheduled to play Uconn at home in 24, 25 and 26. That's clearly not going to happen. I suspect as JRHEETER opined UNLV will take a spot either next year or in 26.

Don't think a return game would be that far out. SU's currently scheduled to play Uconn at home in 24, 25 and 26. That's clearly not going to happen. I suspect as JRHEETER opined UNLV will take a spot either next year or in 26.

Syracuse and UConn worked together to adjust the schedule for their remaining series so that the Orange didn't lose a home game this year. As a result, SU will now host the Huskies in 2024 and 2025. 'Cuse will play at Connecticut in 2026 and 2027.

That’s why we have to smash it this year. The conference schedule is what makes 2025 even more challenging. Have the ACC to thank for that.

So which home game gets GAMEDAY.
Realistically, the last weekend of the season has so many other options. November 2nd against VT is the only other option. Though, even if both teams are undefeated they’ll be some reason like needing to go to some SEC game or Virginia Tech being featured the week or two prior that prevents us from getting off the list of power schools to have not hosted lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom