2024 Schedule | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

I'm curious what you all think Syracuse's 2024 regular-season record might be. I know it's super early, but I'm curious!

Syracuse and UConn worked together to adjust the schedule for their remaining series so that the Orange didn't lose a home game this year. As a result, SU will now host the Huskies in 2024 and 2025. 'Cuse will play at Connecticut in 2026 and 2027.

Well so much for UNLV playing here in the next few years. Decent agreement though worked out for SU in 24. This also means that ND must be here in 2026 or SU's playing 5 home games.

Well so much for UNLV playing here in the next few years. Decent agreement though worked out for SU in 24. This also means that ND must be here in 2026 or SU's playing 5 home games.

They have us playing at ND in back-to-back years, 25 and 26.

Hopefully that gets adjusted.

Or we bring in a home game to replace the road game at Army.

They have us playing at ND in back-to-back years, 25 and 26.

Hopefully that gets adjusted.

Or we bring in a home game to replace the road game at Army.

It has to be one of the two because there's no chance SU is playing 5 home games. Rumblings were SU was supposedly going to have 7 home games again before 28 and 26 was the year. If that's the case ND would have to be flipped here and the change for Army woudl also have to be at home. Either way there is another home game coming.

I'm curious what you all think Syracuse's 2024 regular-season record might be. I know it's super early, but I'm curious!
I think 10-2. Though I’m kinda concerned that one of the two can be in the first two weeks. Georgia Tech is an ascending program and Ohio won 10 games last year. Completely new system and team.

Syracuse and UConn worked together to adjust the schedule for their remaining series so that the Orange didn't lose a home game this year. As a result, SU will now host the Huskies in 2024 and 2025. 'Cuse will play at Connecticut in 2026 and 2027.

Also, there has to be another SU home game vs UConn somewhere. SU played at UConn in 2022 already so unless we signed the worst 3 for 2 agreement in history where's the 3rd SU home game?

Is it that hard for the ACC to split our games up? Do we always have to play one month at home and the next all on the road?We play ONE Saturday home game between September 7th and November 2nd. And that one game is an FCS game. We have one conference home game between September 20th and November 30th. We have 5 out of 6 on the road plus a bye. For people who do not want to give up their Saturdays you have 7 in a row this year.

I love the trip as a fan but that UNLV trip will be rough. Coming back cross country and then playing NC State on the road. Given our history vs NC State might as well not watch.

Wish we could have had BC and/or Cal in October. I like the Pitt trip but not going for a Thursday night.

two of the 3 guys on the acc schedule reveal mentioned Syracuse as possible ACC title game contenders, never thought I would see the day.
Yeah I think there may be a few “Syracuse could be this year’s Louisville” opinions as the season gets closer, favorable schedule, new energy with a new coach etc

We get tickets for all the games, even ones during the break. But most won't come back early for a football game.
Wow, what a bunch of tools.

Either that or yiur frame of reference is all underclassman.

Jr & Sr year, I couldn’t WAIT to get back to school. Left every Thanksgiving Friday morning/early afternoon to get back to party central and the less crowded bars with a fairly large group of professional partners, including lots of girls.

I don’t even remember if we had a game that Saturday or not, but if we did, that was a bonus!

Last edited:
The SU schedule press release said the last time we played Miami was in 2017 "in Coral Gables". No, the game was at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, 21 miles away. I was there. The "U" doesn't have its own football stadium although there's been some talk about building one close to campus but it's doubtful they will. Instead they play at the Dolphins' stadium. Before they played there they played at the old Orange Bowl Stadium which was less than 7 miles from campus. Marlins Park is on that site now.

Hope we buy them out. Back to back games there is not attractive.
The original scheduling agreement was

2022 at UConn
2025 at Syracuse
2026 at Syracuse
2027 at UConn

So the price UConn charged to move up the 2026 game in Syracuse to 2024 was a game at UConn in 2026.

So they mortgaged the future to get an extra home game in 2024.

I have been a strong advocate of getting 7 home games every season humanly possible. But what is the point of getting 7 home games in 2024 if you guarantee you will play 6 home games in 2026? What have you accomplished?

No offense to UConn but it really doesn’t matter record wise if we played the 2024 game at UConn or at the dome. We are going to win regardless. Did JW think there was a good chance we would lose a game played at UConn in 2024 so he had it moved to make sure we got a win in that game? This just doesn’t seem well thought out.

Maybe the thought is we play them as often as possible, regardless of location, to pile up a lot of OOC wins. I don’t know. I can’t think of a good reason to do this. Maybe to give the fanbase more reason to buy season tickets in 2024 (with a 7 game home schedule vs a 6 game home schedule)? I find it hard to believe any Syracuse fan sitting on the fence for buying season tickets will be convinced to get them once they find out we are playing UConn at home.

If we agreed to a one game away game with UNLV, it is the same situation. We are willingly agreeing to play lower tier programs more times at their facilities than our facility. That is something that should never happen.

Please stop doing it Syracuse. Forget about 7 home game……we are going to struggle to schedule 6 home games in several of the next few years because of these decisions.

Hope we buy them out. Back to back games there is not attractive.
Definitely will buy out one of them.

Herm is getting pushed around badly here IDK how Uconn got a 3-2 in their favor out of us? Couldn't even close a buy game against Hawaii where he used to be AD?

Oh well this schedule isn't too bad good time to play GT and Stanford early and at home to get to 2-0 in the ACC and UNLV isn't a tough enough opponent to screw us up against NC State the next week. Little extra rest for Pitt and VT.

I think there are 130 other FBS fanbases that would love to have a road game against UNLV so as much as the no return game stinks its hardly worth crying over. Maybe its a preview of whats next in realignment where ACC and MWC merge for football only with an auto bid to the playoffs and we go back to the Big East for hoops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom