2024 Schedule | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Great tailgate that day
UCONN is so easy to plan a tailgate
My favorite tailgate to plan and buy tix for...

Still can’t believe I missed that game

Guess I was busy with other stuff….like my son being born.

Have to give it to the kid tho, being born on an away weekend allowed me to not miss a single home game that whole season. He’s a good kid, already a loyal Syracuse fan

Was that this contract, or part of the return from 2018? Honestly multiple series of the same team all blend together for me.

As of now it looks like by 2027, we’ll have played UConn 16 times split evenly between home/road and I can’t tell which is part of what deal
22 was part of the current 4 game series

I went back and looked at some old schedules feom when I was a student.

2 of the years, 90-91, we only had 1 home game in Oct and 3 away.

In 89, we actually played WV on Thanksgiving at the Dome!! I don’t even remember that…and nearly 47k showed up!!

Schedules are schedules people, they are not tailor made for your wishes or the students.

I've never understood this aversion to silver. Empty seats are empty seats. Not fooling anybody unless we have "blue outs".
I'm sure there'll be a "blue out" if we play a team whose dominant color is blue.

Have to give it to the kid tho, being born on an away weekend allowed me to not miss a single home game that whole season. He’s a good kid, already a loyal Syracuse fan
That's all fine and dandy but you'll never get that tailgate back.:rolleyes:

In 89, we actually played WV on Thanksgiving at the Dome!! I don’t even remember that…and nearly 47k showed up!!

Schedules are schedules people, they are not tailor made for your wishes or the students.

The ACC has always been screwy with the schedules. Logically the conference should be alternating home and away games. Or at worst one back to back stretch. Look at our old Big East schedules. They alternated.

The ACC gave us a six week stretch where we have 4 ACC road games and 1 at home. That is a failure and it happens every year in the ACC.

yep, put a solid product on the field consistently and that seats will be filled. Pretty cut and dry, IMO

Win games and build the thing back up. Fans will show up and nobody will care what teams are travelling here either.

The ACC has always been screwy with the schedules. Logically the conference should be alternating home and away games. Or at worst one back to back stretch. Look at our old Big East schedules. They alternated.

The ACC gave us a six week stretch where we have 4 ACC road games and 1 at home. That is a failure and it happens every year in the ACC.

Yup it’s not so much about fans, its putting the team in a position to win.

But also, college football only exists because of the fans

These schedules DO not put us in position to win

And I do understand it’s not all on the AD

Sure, but we shouldn’t be white knuckling it at the end to get to 7 home games

We should have 7 home games most season, with an occasional 6 home game season.

Next year, with the Chick Fil A game it makes sense we have 6 home games

That’s the point that we’re trying to make. Is that it shouldn’t be just getting figured out THIS late
Going to be tougher when ACC mandates no roadies to G5s. Now you can at least try to negotiate a 2-1 with a G5, Not sure many will agree to a series with zero home games.

Going to be tougher when ACC mandates no roadies to G5s. Now you can at least try to negotiate a 2-1 with a G5, Not sure many will agree to a series with zero home games.

Another reason why it’s imperative to have these games scheduled earlier….

Because you’re right, no P5 teams are going to throw us a bone if we’re scrambling for a home game

The number of student season ticket holders has grown so large that the original sections reserved for them are not longer sufficient.

In addition to their tradition sections on the 100 level in the southwest corner of the dome, the last couple of years they had spilled over into other sections in corners of the upper level. Sometimes mixed in with normal season ticket holders.

They hated being so far from each other. They requested a change so they could all sit together. SUAD and SU administration makes the students a top priority and they are accommodating this.

You might not think it is a win for the students but they disagree.
I wonder as well if the student section move doesn't generally benefit crowd "flow" in and among the concourses within the Dome and this factored into the decision. If you have the student's seats immediately near Miron and in direct access from their preferred entrance, you've largely removed 5k bodies from moving through other portions of the Dome as they walk to their seats/use bathrooms/get food etc...some areas probably won't see any improvement in flow but others could.

Shouldn’t it be easier? The G5 have no other option. If the choice is a pay day or nothing, will they really choose nothing? Really the ACC was the only conference going on the road.

The problem will be this cuts into SU’s already small revenue.

It's a little known fact that the 89 Thanksgiving game was my first ever Dome football game. Was a junior in HS.

Place was packed and loud, but Major Harris was too much and we still seemed to be suffering from the Scharr/McDonald identity crisis at QB.

352c73f6-63e1-41f7-a269-efabc52c81a6_text.gif

We also apparently requested an away game for Yom Kippur during this stretch. I get the respect/attendance aspect of this, but it is us shooting ourselves in the foot. We did this to ourselves. Personally I would rather us not request away games for this and try to maximize our potential, but others see it differently

I wonder as well if the student section move doesn't generally benefit crowd "flow" in and among the concourses within the Dome and this factored into the decision. If you have the student's seats immediately near Miron and in direct access from their preferred entrance, you've largely removed 5k bodies from moving through other portions of the Dome as they walk to their seats/use bathrooms/get food etc...some areas probably won't see any improvement in flow but others could.

Would have to assume this might have been the single largest deciding factor

New Hampshire, Notre Dame, Clemson, SMU, Louisville, Cal is 5 home games?

2026 ND game shows as home on this site. But everywhere else I've looked, it shows back to back years at ND, 2025 and 2026.

Still don't know how they're working in Cal and SMU to the ND arrangement though.

New Hampshire, Notre Dame, Clemson, SMU, Louisville, Cal is 5 home games?

Per Notre Dame on multiple sources that game is AT NOTRE DAME

Shouldn’t it be easier? The G5 have no other option. If the choice is a pay day or nothing, will they really choose nothing? Really the ACC was the only conference going on the road.

The problem will be this cuts into SU’s already small revenue.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I suspect you will see more G5 to G5 home and homes. If you want a G5 to come where with no return game, and you are essentially competing with other ACC programs for the same, I suspect the money you pay that G5 may have to be substantial.

We also apparently requested an away game for Yom Kippur during this stretch. I get the respect/attendance aspect of this, but it is us shooting ourselves in the foot. We did this to ourselves. Personally I would rather us not request away games for this and try to maximize our potential, but others see it differently
Unfortunately, once you get an accommodation, you move to the top of the list when a sacrifice is needed for whatever reason. Keeps things even.

Going forward, there should be a new punching bag to resolve any ACC scheduling issues. Has anyone looked at FSU's schedule to see if payback has already begun?

That kind of elite decision making has already put him on the radar screen of Coach Nunz.
Clearly destined to be a QB.

Look for his first recruiting postcard to arrive shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom