2024 Schedule | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Gosh I don’t even know but I would have to imagine it’s well over 500k

For the west coast like that, I would venture to bet closer to a million but I really don’t know.

Have to think they have the cost of the plane charter, meals, hotel rooms, and expense to drive all of the equipment out there.

Certainly not a cheap trip.
Can’t the equipment go underneath the plane in cargo?

Have to hire my son...I'm the navigator.
so if they haul the tail gate gear you can find vegas for them

Dont you cross train?

after watching Masters of the air last night I hope you never had that problem..

What is VPI?

Edit: had to look that one up...its been Virginia Tech for over 50 years guys, lol
I always assumed that Virginia Tech was just a nickname and Virginia Polytecnic Institute & State University was still official. However, I couldn't find the old seal any or any VPI refences at the school website, other than a copyright symbol. Maybe polytechnic is too complicated of a word for them?

More practically, we use VPI on the boards to avoid confusion with Vermont, even though they go by UVM for some reason.

found this

In 1970, the state legislature allowed VPI university status and gave it the present legal name, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. In the early 1990s, university administration authorized the official use of Virginia Tech as equivalent to the full legal name; it has been used as the first-reference name for the school's athletic teams since the 1970s. However, diplomas and transcripts still spell out the formal name. Similarly, the abbreviation "VT" is far more common today than either VPI or VPI&SU.

For the west coast like that, I would venture to bet closer to a million but I really don’t know.

Have to think they have the cost of the plane charter, meals, hotel rooms, and expense to drive all of the equipment out there.

It's double the distance to Tallahassee, almost to the mile. Figure up front costs are what they are. If the traveling party is 150 and the cost per is $2,000 there's your 300K.

(I understand its all back of the napkin stuff)

so if they haul the tail gate gear you can find vegas for them

Dont you cross train?

after watching Masters of the air last night I hope you never had that problem..
I gotta add apple TV and watch it.

There are certainly things we can complain about with the schedule (no October home games, two trips out West, early first bye) but when you avoid FSU, Clemson and Louisville and don’t play a Power 4 team in your OOC, you just have to take full advantage of that.

I think you're too high.

The equipment all gets trucked out in one or two tractor trailers. We already pay the personnel and own the vehicles. Maybe the total cost there is $10k.

One charter flight each direction is all that's needed to get the team out there. Maybe $100k-$150k.

Need about 60 rooms. I'm pretty sure they fly in on a Friday and out after the game - One night stay. In Vegas rooms are plentiful. I bet they get a rate of about $100-$120. So less than $10k.

I have no clue how feed the team works. But figure $50 per meal per person. Take 120 people and feed them 5 times and that's another $30k.

University will buy about 500 tickets for players/coaches to use. 500 x $50 per = $25,000.

So that's about $200k to $300k in cost.

Also, since we arent going to UCONN now, the hotel and and meals are probably about a wash.

As a comparison point, Hawaii paid UAlbany $150k to play there this year, plus paid for the travel (flights and rooms). I don't know whether Albany chartered or flew commercial.

I think you're too high.

The equipment all gets trucked out in one or two tractor trailers. We already pay the personnel and own the vehicles. Maybe the total cost there is $10k.

One charter flight each direction is all that's needed to get the team out there. Maybe $100k-$150k.

Need about 60 rooms. I'm pretty sure they fly in on a Friday and out after the game - One night stay. In Vegas rooms are plentiful. I bet they get a rate of about $100-$120. So less than $10k.

I have no clue how feed the team works. But figure $50 per meal per person. Take 120 people and feed them 5 times and that's another $30k.

University will buy about 500 tickets for players/coaches to use. 500 x $50 per = $25,000.

So that's about $200k to $300k in cost.

Also, since we arent going to UCONN now, the hotel and and meals are probably about a wash.

As a comparison point, Hawaii paid UAlbany $150k to play there this year, plus paid for the travel (flights and rooms). I don't know whether Albany chartered or flew commercial.
Good post. One quibble. I think you can scratch the line item for tickets. The PS article on the contract UNLV signed with Syracuse including the following...

The contract with UNLV dictates that the game will be officiated by referees from the Atlantic Coast Conference, with the league responsible for paying travel expenses for officials. Syracuse will be given 300 complimentary tickets, as well as free admission for cheerleaders, mascots and marching band members in uniform.

This implies Syracuse is playing on sending the SUMB to the game, which I think is awesome. Hopefully we start sending the SUMB to an away game every season from this point forward. To the most attractive place we play.

Good post. One quibble. I think you can scratch the line item for tickets. The PS article on the contract UNLV signed with Syracuse including the following...

The contract with UNLV dictates that the game will be officiated by referees from the Atlantic Coast Conference, with the league responsible for paying travel expenses for officials. Syracuse will be given 300 complimentary tickets, as well as free admission for cheerleaders, mascots and marching band members in uniform.

This implies Syracuse is playing on sending the SUMB to the game, which I think is awesome. Hopefully we start sending the SUMB to an away game every season from this point forward. To the most attractive place we play.
or SU is not bringing the band and there is an opportunity for the traveling members of this board to pull one of the greatest pranks of all time while gaining free admission to the game. There has to be multiple costume rental places in Vegas. We are the SU marching band !

You guys seem a little old for college students.....

What's up with the purple and gold uniforms, I thought your color was orange.......

Time for the alma mater: Syracusefan band plays Chopsticks.

or SU is not bringing the band and there is an opportunity for the traveling members of this board to pull one of the greatest pranks of all time while gaining free admission to the game. There has to be multiple costume rental places in Vegas. We are the SU marching band !

You guys seem a little old for college students...

What's up with the purple and gold uniforms, I thought your color was orange....

Time for the alma mater: Syracusefan band plays Chopsticks.
I AM IN!

That would be cool if the band went. I realize everything has a cost, but I wish they went to the shorter distance away games too like BC and Pitt. Both bands adds to the atmosphere.

We never seem to get any away bands in the Dome either.

That would be cool if the band went. I realize everything has a cost, but I wish they went to the shorter distance away games too like BC and Pitt. Both bands adds to the atmosphere.

We never seem to get any away bands in the Dome either.
Agreed. A visiting band adds to the unique atmosphere of a college football game.

It is sad that the days of marching bands going on a road trip have all but disappeared. I bet if SUMB reached out and asked for help raising funds to go to one road game a year, the fanbase would respond.

Hopefully one day someone will change the ACC schedule for rivals so Pitt and BC away games are staggered so there is a short, relatively affordable away game for Syracuse fans and the band to attend every season.

This should be a no brainer.

Expectations for Homecoming:
  • Sep 28 - Holy Cross
  • Nov 2 - VPI
  • Sep 7 GA Tech
I’m guessing Holy Cross.
Give me Holy Cross for homecoming... Parents weekend has to be Virginia Tech. They won't do that around Thanksgiving or the second or third week of classes.

Yup...it is trucked out
Yes that's what this is for. Which reminds me of the thread when people were bitching our truck wasn't "cool" enough and made me again wonder why I spend so much time on here.

Syracuse%202019%205.jpg

What is VPI?

Edit: had to look that one up...its been Virginia Tech for over 50 years guys, lol
Not knowing who vpi is, is the definition of a 2nd String poster.

And yes, I am taking credit for it from way back in the Michael Vick era.

And it is used as a derogatory name.

On does not call them by their tv name we will say.

Sorta like storz st and the beantown clowns.

Give me Holy Cross for homecoming... Parents weekend has to be Virginia Tech. They won't do that around Thanksgiving or the second or third week of classes.
My guesses too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom