2024 WNBA Draft: Dyaisha Fair drafted by Las Vegas Aces | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 WNBA Draft: Dyaisha Fair drafted by Las Vegas Aces

Regarding Fair’s new coach, Becky Hammond, what a great match for her. Here’s what I found reading up on Coach Hammond - sure sounds familiar with Dyasia’s story.

“Despite the high school accolades, she drew little attention from college basketball recruiters, who considered her too small and too slow. She eventually grabbed the attention of a Colorado State assistant coach, and so she committed to the Rams.

Hammon set many Colorado State all-time records, including points (2740), points per game (21.92), field goals made (918), free throws made (539), three-point field goals made (365) and assists (538). She received the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award from the Women's Basketball Coaches Association as the best senior player under 5 ft 8 in (1.7 m) in 1999.“

I'll be really interested in seeing if she makes the roster. I work with one of the W teams and we took a second round pick and eventually cut her in training camp. League really needs expansion because players like Fair are pro players.

I'll be really interested in seeing if she makes the roster. I work with one of the W teams and we took a second round pick and eventually cut her in training camp. League really needs expansion because players like Fair are pro players.
Las Vegas has 9 locks for their team. So Fair has to compete with about 8 players for 2 spots.

One big advantage for Dyashia is that she was the Aces first pick in the draft.

The one player we drafted that I mentioned above was also our first pick. Hopefully expansion comes sooner than later