2024 World Box Championships: Utica | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 World Box Championships: Utica

The university with the most alums competing is Albany with 10. Syracuse is right behind them with nine, then Limestone with seven. Onondaga CC has more alumni participating (4) then 142 other schools.

good game. u.s. doesn't have the difference makers canada does on offense. teat, smith, jackson.

and without them, the offense too infrequently utilized any effective 2 man play or swinging the ball side to side more than once.

their fogo too much as well. don't see it ending any differently with these groups, but ya never know.

I can’t find this anywhere, but anyone know why Baptiste or Irelan aren’t playing this tournament? I feel that we were dominated at the FO dot on top of not finding enough off ball shots on O really is what did USA in rather than what Canada was doing.

I can’t find this anywhere, but anyone know why Baptiste or Irelan aren’t playing this tournament? I feel that we were dominated at the FO dot on top of not finding enough off ball shots on O really is what did USA in rather than what Canada was doing.
They both were in the player pool. Not sure the reasoning behind the cuts.

It was mentioned in an earlier game that Baptiste was a late non-selection. The faceoff man USA started with in their first game got hurt during that game & hasn't played since. I think USA only won 4 or 5 faceoffs the whole game. They said it was only 2 in the first half. The announcers also said that Canada was clogging the middle in the 2nd half which gave us problems. Plus we had some lapses on defense.

It was mentioned in an earlier game that Baptiste was a late non-selection. The faceoff man USA started with in their first game got hurt during that game & hasn't played since. I think USA only won 4 or 5 faceoffs the whole game. They said it was only 2 in the first half. The announcers also said that Canada was clogging the middle in the 2nd half which gave us problems. Plus we had some lapses on defense.
Luckily I was able to go! Unfortunately that means I had front row seats to the disaster at X, and I’m not a box lacrosse expert by any means, but to my untrained eye it seemed like Canada on offense used Teat to draw a double on the upper left and if he didn’t get the shot he’d send it over to the top right player when the next defender drifted to the point man. From there that player on the top right would drive in and pull the two low defenders to him and then would skip it to a wide open Shayne Jackson (32) for dunks on Abrams.

Fascinating to see in person and didn’t seem like USA had the same schemes and more relied on shooting off screens from the outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom