20th Anniversary... | Syracusefan.com

20th Anniversary...

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
I figured I'd lighten things up around here. Tomorrow will be 20 years to the day that I met a good amount of you clowns.

November 24, 2001, BC game at the Dome. It was the day Lil Joe honored his board bet and let people show up at the tailgate and throw any food item at him. He said if we beat Virginia Tech that year at Lane, he would do it. That's how impossible it seemed back in the day. We had lost the previous 4 games by an average score of 42-6. (We beat VT that year 22-14.)

It was quite a scene with shrimp, salsa, ketchup, mustard, possibly feces all splattered on him and the ground. Started somewhat civil, ended somewhat not. It was a night game, which made it all better.

SU won, 39-28. I remember little. But it was a blast.

Last edited:
I figured I'd lighten things up around here. Tomorrow will be 20 years to the day that I met a good amount of you clowns.

November 24, 2001, BC game at the Dome. It was the day Lil Joe honored his board bet and let people show up at the tailgate and throw any food item at him. He said if we beat Virginia Tech that year at Lane, he would do it. That's how impossible it seemed back in the day. We had lost the previous 4 games by an average score of 42-6.

It was quite a scene with shrimp, salsa, ketchup, mustard, possibly feces all splattered on him and the ground. Started somewhat civil, ended somewhat not. It was a night game, which made it all better.

SU won, 39-28. I remember little. But it was a blast.
Remember that like it was yesterday. If I recall in my alcoholic haze even CTO made an appearance. I stood back out of the fray watching the poor guy take it like a man.

That's the day I decided I like these gents and presented you the legendary letter sign on the coach at the time. Ahh good memories. And where the heck has he been since?

Remember that like it was yesterday. If I recall in my alcoholic haze even CTO made an appearance. I stood back out of the fray watching the poor guy take it like a man.

That's the day I decided I like these gents and presented you the legendary letter sign on the coach at the time. Ahh good memories. And where the heck has he been since?

Ha, I remember the sign. And yes that was the day I met cto.

Joe is still around. GRob may have broken him from the board, can’t recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom