269th out of 351 Teams Is Unacceptable | Syracusefan.com

269th out of 351 Teams Is Unacceptable

Longtimesu

Scout Team
I’ve stated in another thread of mine that SU players have some difficulty in making layups. I watch lots of BB, and I just do not see the amount of misses, from other teams as Syracuse. Not picking on Lydon here. He’s been dragged down enough…but he did miss 3 layups right at the rim yesterday. These weren’t blocked shots either. Yes, he was contested…but many layups in bb are contested, and other players make them. Folks, that’s 6 points missed.

White missed a layup. Battle missed a layup. There’s 4 more points. In total that’s 10 pts and a win.

Here are some stats from TeamRankings;

SU’s two point rate of conversion, which includes layups, SU is ranked 269 out of 351 teams at 59% conversion. That’s horrible for a Div 1 bb team.

Sure some of these shots are missed 2pt fg's. But...how many times do you see an SU player taking a 2pt shot? And if you want to argue that SU takes a fair amount of 2's, then this stat proves that they aren't dropping either. They shoot either a 3, or a layup try.

Ya fault the defense, fault Boeheim, get pissed at the road game, etc, etc, etc. Bottom line is, make some layups and we win. And this problem with missed layups is every game. 269th out of 351.

I’ve stated in another thread of mine that SU players have some difficulty in making layups. I watch lots of BB, and I just do not see the amount of misses, from other teams as Syracuse. Not picking on Lydon here. He’s been dragged down enough…but he did miss 3 layups right at the rim yesterday. These weren’t blocked shots either. Yes, he was contested…but many layups in bb are contested, and other players make them. Folks, that’s 6 points missed.

White missed a layup. Battle missed a layup. There’s 4 more points. In total that’s 10 pts and a win.

Here are some stats from TeamRankings;

SU’s two point rate of conversion, which includes layups, SU is ranked 269 out of 351 teams at 59% conversion. That’s horrible for a Div 1 bb team.

Sure some of these shots are missed 2pt fg's. But...how many times do you see an SU player taking a 2pt shot? And if you want to argue that SU takes a fair amount of 2's, then this stat proves that they aren't dropping either. They shoot either a 3, or a layup try.

Ya fault the defense, fault Boeheim, get pissed at the road game, etc, etc, etc. Bottom line is, make some layups and we win. And this problem with missed layups is every game. 269th out of 351.

I agree with you completely, but Lydon was fouled on at least 2 of those. But waiting to be blocked like he did the one time hurt him badly.

He needs to work on having a few different pump/head fakes. A quick one would have worked better.

I agree with you completely, but Lydon was fouled on at least 2 of those. But waiting to be blocked like he did the one time hurt him badly.

He needs to work on having a few different pump/head fakes. A quick one would have worked better.

Ya, good point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom