28k on Monday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

28k on Monday?

As a recent college graduate, I can say that not one of the interviews I had on my job search asked about or cared about my grades in college. Literally no one cares if you got a 4.0. Having a social life and being able to actually interact with people is much more important. Go to the game!

Imagine if they sold $5 long range tickets for a game like Monday’s. Would easily top 30K and make up the money in concessions in a second. (Walk up sales only to prevent resales)

Absolutely should not. We should not do anything that seems like we’re encouraging him to leave.
I respectfully disagree. I'd almost guarantee he's already made his decision to go. If he's been upfront about his plans with the coaching staff, then I believe they should formally recognize his contributions to the program. It's not like he's a freshman... he's a junior who's given his heart and soul to the program and as far as I know, he's been a great teammate. I don't believe recognizing him is going to sway his decision one way or another.

Two hours. What could it hurt? ;)

It’ll be more than 2. And it’s his last semester...take no chances. And it’s his bday tomorrow and has a few friends from other colleges ataying the weekend. So.....plus he has to work 1/2 the day Monday and Tuesday. Lol. Busy boy.

As a recent college graduate, I can say that not one of the interviews I had on my job search asked about or cared about my grades in college. Literally no one cares if you got a 4.0. Having a social life and being able to actually interact with people is much more important. Go to the game!

As someone who hired about 100 people over my career including probably 15-20 new grads, I can say the first thing I looked at on the resume was the GPA. Helped me determine which ones I was going to interview. So you’re right during the interview I never talked about grades really.

Imagine if they sold $5 long range tickets for a game like Monday’s. Would easily top 30K and make up the money in concessions in a second. (Walk up sales only to prevent resales)

True. Back when they sold 18 and under youth tickets for $5, I went to basically every big game until I was...25 or so. Sometimes had legit tickets, but if not, buying a cheap youth ticket in the nosebleeds and then sitting right next to the student section in the seats they don’t sell was always an option. I’d buy a long range view seat for $5 and do the same these days if it was an option.

Likely, your grades got you in the door.

If anything is possible - is the impossible possible?...

Possibly
Winnie the Pooh: “I’ve heard nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday.”

Billy Owens is the only junior i can think of who there was pretty much no doubt he was gone and I don't remember back then if we recognized him or not - and as far as underclassmen in general, I think we can all agree it was pretty obvious Carmelo was gone after his freshman year.
I doubt Owens was on pace to graduate that semester.

If Battle has told the staff that he's gone and he's on pace to earn his degree this semester, then he should absolutely be recognized on Monday night.

As someone who hires people the last thing I look at is grades.
Just a random question since I’m currently looking for a new job, when they ask for G.P.As do they actually check those or can I say mine is a bit higher than it actually is?

Just a random question since I’m currently looking for a new job, when they ask for G.P.As do they actually check those or can I say mine is a bit higher than it actually is?

I’ve never asked for grades. I know some people put it on resumes and HR does ask for your diploma, but there’s usually a specific skill set I’m looking for depending on the position and sometimes we ask for examples of work you’ve previously completed at other jobs.

But don’t lie on a resume.

Last edited:
has college changed that much that extended study time for mid-terms is required now? I never got the point of study week some schools have before finals either?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom