2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM GOLF TOURNAMENT CANCELLED | Syracusefan.com

2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM GOLF TOURNAMENT CANCELLED

SkanSU

Starter
The tournament has been cancelled for a variety of reasons. Any checks or money sent will be returned. If you are still interested in playing on this day, some of us will probably meet and play in a more informal format (just get a couple of tee times, pay for greens fees individually and meet for drinks, perhaps dinner afterward).

Let me know if you are interested.

-sutomcat

2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM GOLF TOURNAMENT

DATE: Saturday, August 16, 2014
TIME: 11:00 AM First Tee (Unless we get 100 people than shotgun)
FORMAT: 4-person Captain and Crew
HANDICAPPING: Ladies, Red Tees; Men 65+, Gold Tees; All others, White Tees
COST: $80/Person, $320/team
COST INCLUDES: 18 Holes of Golf with Cart
Pyramided golf balls at driving range from 1 1/2 hrs before tee
Snack-Shack Grill Lunch on the Turn
Dinner (Steak or Chicken; potato, corn-on-the-cob, salad)
Pre-Dinner Hors Doevres (Swedish Meatball)
Prizes
OTHER CONTESTS: Skins ($5.00/person, $20/team)
Closest to the Hole
Longest Drive
Putting

OTHER SURPRISES: ?????????????????????????????????????

1. We would like this tournament to be an annual event for the Board. Two years ago those who participated had a wonderful time. It is a great chance to meet each other and socialize. Two years ago we had 40-50 people. That was nice but we would like to get 100 people this year. We would like to see this tournament be on-going. For that to happen we need your participation.
2. Interest, commitment, and volunteers are really needed. Suggestions always welcome. Contact myself or Tomcat

Last edited by a moderator:
What if we stink at golf?
What''s your point??? You can be on my team and then we can have 2 people who stink at golf...Its for the fun and seeing the faces behind the names. And we will have a prize for the worst round I think

This is the official, carved in stone announcement!!
2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM
GOLF TOURNAMENT
DATE: Saturday, August 16, 2014
5904 No. Burdick St., East Syracuse, New York
FORMAT: Captain and Crew (4-man)
TIME: 11:00 AM First Tee*
ENTRY FEE ; $80/Person: $320/Team ($80/Deposit Required)
FEE INCLUDES: 18 holes of golf with cart; pyramided balls at driving range from 1 ½ hours before to first tee time; Snack- Shack Grill Lunch at the turn; Steak or Chicken Dinner; Before Dinner Hors Douvres (Swedish Meatballs); Party Favor; Donuts and coffee; Prizes
OTHER CONTESTS: Skins ($5/person; $20/team); Closest to the hole; Longest Drive, Putting
ENTRY DEADLINE: June 30, 2014 (Enter early for preferred tee time)
*If we have 100 entrants we will have a shotgun start.
FOR INFORMATION: Bob Hamel (SkanSU), 315-554-8078
TomCat on the Board
ADDITIONAL RULES AND ENTRY FORM ON 2ND SHEET

Last edited:
2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM
GOLF TOURNAMENT

Competition Comments:Each players tee shots must be used twice. Teams can consist of any combination of men and/or women. The following tee locations will be in effect: RED TEES: Ladies GOLD TEES: Men 65+ years old WHITE TEES: Everyone else

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENTRY FORM FOR 4-PERSON CAPTAIN and CREW

Name: _________________________ Phone:______________
Address:________________________ City/State:____________
Email:
____________________________ Approx Hdcp: ________
Board Name: ____________

Name: __________________________ Phone:________________
Address: _________________________ City/State:_____________
Email: ___________________________ Approx Hdcp:______
Board Name: _____________

Name: __________________________ Phone: _______________
Address: _________________________ City/State:_____________
Email:
_____________________________ Approx Hdcp: _________
Board Name: ______________________

Name: ___________________________ Phone: _______________
Address:__________________________ City/State: _____________
Email:
______________________________ Approx Hdcp: __________
Board Name: _________________

* We will use handicap to place a person on a team that may be short
Preferred Tee Time: _____________________ Deposit Paid: ________________
Return Entry Form/Deposit to: Robert Hamel, 172 E. Genesee St., Skaneateles, NY, 13152 Make Checks Payable to:

Last edited:
Wish I could make it. I fly back from California that day and wont be able to attend.

Pretty sure I'm going to be in for this. It'll be my first syracusefan event and I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of people.

It'll be even more awesome now that Marsh isn't going.

Pretty sure I'm going to be in for this. It'll be my first syracusefan event and I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of people.

It'll be even more awesome now that Marsh isn't going.

douche!

Hey everybody ...don't forget. If you don't have 4 people for a team do not worry. We will back fill from singles. And for those who want to enter and don't have any friends (Igor) don't worry we will get you on a team.

We had one of these about 12 years ago for a charity run by Boca Doug (who, sadly, is since deceased). I suspect if Doug were still with us, there would have been a lot more of them.

Based on that one, here are some random thoughts.

1) Encourage people to sign up as individuals. Many folks don't know enough other golfers here to establish a foursome. Then just create foursomes based on handicaps. (If people WANT to sign up as a foursome, that's fine, but it should not be the primary focus of trying to get people to sign up).

2) Don't be deterred if you consider yourself a "bad" golfer. With only a few exceptions, practically everyone here is a bad golfer. Besides, it's a scramble. You don't have to play your "mistakes."

3) Don't be deterred if you are a woman. At least three women played in Doug's event, and it worked out fine because it is a scramble. Women may not be as long off the tee as men, but they get to play the red tees... and they frequently have good short games. We actually had two women in our foursome... and I think we finished somewhere in the middle of the pack.

4) I saw no mention of a beer cart in your write-up. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that a beer cart is somewhat essential with this group.

5) Your sign-up process should ask for both real names and forum handles. It is the only way you're going to be able to sort people out. A list of only "real" names will give you no clue as to who people are

Last edited:
Thanks CTO... the beer cart is automatic on the course. Yes and of course we want singles more than teams. Some people of course dont have handicaps but that can be worked out. Its great to meet people by joining them on a team. So everyone out there ... don't be deterred if you cant put a team together. Personally right now I dont have a team so Im looking forward to getting matched up as well. And my handicap? Golf. We will make teams. The Ladies are especially invited!! As I recall there weren't many at our last outing. We had one on our team. Remember, most of all this isnt one of those cut throat tournaments. Its meant to meet people... and most of all have fun. We are working on some guests as well. So just sign up solo and if you get some others to play we'll add them. Just plan on having a good time.

Can I get small appearance fee to offset the entry fee?

We had one of these about 12 years ago for a charity run by Boca Doug (who, sadly, is since deceased). I suspect if Doug were still with us, there would have been a lot more of them.

Based on that one, here are some random thoughts.

1) Encourage people to sign up as individuals. Many folks don't know enough other golfers here to establish a foursome. Then just create foursomes based on handicaps. (If people WANT to sign up as a foursome, that's fine, but it should not be the primary focus of trying to get people to sign up).

2) Don't be deterred if you consider yourself a "bad" golfer. With only a few exceptions, practically everyone here is a bad golfer. Besides, it's a scramble. You don't have to play your "mistakes."

3) Don't be deterred if you are a woman. At least three women played in Doug's event, and it worked out fine because it is a scramble. Women may not be as long off the tee as men, but they get to play the red tees... and they frequently have good short games. We actually had two women in our foursome... and I think we finished somewhere in the middle of the pack.

4) I saw no mention of a beer cart in your write-up. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that a beer cart is somewhat essential with this group.

5) Your sign-up process should ask for both real names and forum handles. It is the only way you're going to be able to sort people out. A list of only "real" names will give you no clue as to who people are

Has anyone ever thought about tagging this event as the "Boca Memorial" or something similar?

Has anyone ever thought about tagging this event as the "Boca Memorial" or something similar?
I like it " Boca Doug Memorial Golf Tournament" maybe have a percentage of the $$$ go to GOALS. ( I think that was the Org. that Doug supported )

I love to supplement my income with golf winnings how much cash is available to win? Lol

Im sorry everybody. But the tournament has to be cancelled. They wanted $500 to hold the date. I got sick. I have a whole bunch of reasons. But simply we no longer have a date unless DCcuse would like to follow up. As for me my golf season is over...not that that would have prevented me from following up on the tourny. Things just went south. If you sent me a check (2 of you) I will be returning it to you sorry again.

Im sorry everybody. But the tournament has to be cancelled. They wanted $500 to hold the date. I got sick. I have a whole bunch of reasons. But simply we no longer have a date unless DCcuse would like to follow up. As for me my golf season is over...not that that would have prevented me from following up on the tourny. Things just went south. If you sent me a check (2 of you) I will be returning it to you sorry again.

Hope you feel better soon. It was so nice of you to head this up and sorry it didn't work out. Most important though is getting well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom