2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM GOLF TOURNAMENT CANCELLED | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2nd ANNUAL (not in a row) SYRACUSEFAN.COM GOLF TOURNAMENT CANCELLED

Im sorry everybody. But the tournament has to be cancelled. They wanted $500 to hold the date. I got sick. I have a whole bunch of reasons. But simply we no longer have a date unless DCcuse would like to follow up. As for me my golf season is over...not that that would have prevented me from following up on the tourny. Things just went south. If you sent me a check (2 of you) I will be returning it to you sorry again.
Get better dude

sorry to hear about it. get well soon. stinks it fell thru. maybe next year (and maybe a different course)

Im sorry everybody. But the tournament has to be cancelled. They wanted $500 to hold the date. I got sick. I have a whole bunch of reasons. But simply we no longer have a date unless DCcuse would like to follow up. As for me my golf season is over...not that that would have prevented me from following up on the tourny. Things just went south. If you sent me a check (2 of you) I will be returning it to you sorry again.
I have never known a course to request cash like that to hold a date, and I have personally been a tournament director for more than 20 tournaments. Yes, we might want to look at other venues for the next one...

I have never known a course to request cash like that to hold a date, and I have personally been a tournament director for more than 20 tournaments. Yes, we might want to look at other venues for the next one...

i have had quite a few issues over the years with the staff and ownership and The Links. They have an inflated view of themselves, for a course that is barely top 10 in the Syracuse area.

Not justifying it, but they've had issues with some tournaments in the past (especially on prime weekend time) that said they would have X (say 80) amount of golfers and the course would be blocked off accordingly. Day of the event only 50 people show up and the whole course is blocked off costing the course revenue from golfers who otherwise could have used those tee times.

If anyone is still interested in that date, I can see about setting up tee times directly.

If anyone wants to play in a tournament that will be filled with SU fans, have SU celebrity golfers and have some other fun events lined up, you are welcome to join in the 19th Annual SU Alumni Club of CNY Scholarship golf tournament to be held Friday, July 18, 2014 also at the Links at Erie Village. Currently the following are scheduled to play: Dan Conley, Jason Poles, Rob Long, Damien Rhodes, Dennis Duval, Leo Rautins, Demetris Nichols. Matt Park and a Syracuse Crunch player to be named later. It is a 10am shotgun start. No need to be a SU alum. You are welcome to put together a foursome; play as a single (to be placed on a team) or if you want have a 3 person team and sponsor an athlete to play with you. There will be a Cocktail Hour / Silent Auction and Dinner post-round. See attached for more details and let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 2014_Tri-Fold-1.pdf
    474.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Working on some additional fun things besides the golf. Looks like Recess Coffee will be there in the am with their coffee truck to give everyone a much needed caffeine boost before tee off and working on an Empire Brewing sampling at the post-round Cocktail Hour before dinner. Hope to see some of you there!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom