3-0 in ACC road games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3-0 in ACC road games

The bracket matrix is always a good quick reference tool.

Right now (before today) NC ST was the last team in. They will lose that lost spot because of losing to Clemson today

They were 12-5.
1) Their Q1+Q2 win profile is no better than ours.
Wisconsin (H), at UNC Greensboro, at Wake
VS
at Virginia, at Virginia Tech, at Georgia Tech

2) Like us they have one bad loss (Q3).
Georgia Tech at Home
Notre Dame at Home

3) They are 4-4 in Q1+Q2 games. We are 3-5. (Basically that is one game behind)

So we are not massively off after today.
NC State is currently up 11 on Clemson

why is ncst losing to clemson today?

I thought I saw that Clemson was up around 10, when i was browsing scores, but obviously I had it in reverse.

Either way far too early too worry about if a team wins or loses, was just using NC St as the comparative team as they were the last team in per the matrix and it shows how far off we are.

4 Turnovers, on the road. Q looked like we imagined for 10 minutes in the first half, seconds double double from Marek, Eli showed up when it mattered and a coaches son dropping 15 points in 6 minutes.

Trending UP

Beat Notre Dame.
The turnovers thing is even more impressive when you consider how tight VT plays on D

I'm not sure if we need to get to 13-7 in conference. This board has a history of over-projecting what is needed to get in at this time of year.

That being said. obviously the ACC is down, and I do suspect the bubble line to be a bit stronger this year in terms of resume. The reason for that line being a bit better is if the top seeds are a bit weaker, which we appear to be heading, that means more scalps for teams on the bubble and a few more wins distributed down from top P5+BE teams to the teams in the middle of those conferences.

So given that we always overshoot I am going to hedge and say 12-8 might get you over the top (and it may not), so it should not be the target either.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant getting to 14-7 overall and then finishing 6-4 from there.

Remaining road games:
@ Notre Dame
@ Clemson
@ Florida St
@ Louisville
@ Pitt
@ Boston College
@ Miami

Would be awesome if we could steal one of the Fla St/Louisville games. Those are huge resume boosting opportunities. And the way the boys are playing right now, the other 5 don't look anywhere near as daunting as they were a month ago.

I think all are winnable, except maybe L’ville, if we hit some shots. Toughest matchups are LVille, ND and sneaky Miami. Hopefully we can grab 4 or more W’s there to really give us some NCAAT hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom