3-1 Record | Syracusefan.com

3-1 Record

G

GoCuse44

I will take a win any way we can get it. I was hoping for a 3-1 record heading into the Rutgers game play and that's the record we now have. I have no complaints considering the fact we are playing without two best players on defense.

For all of the fans complaining about Hackett, the defense, etc. just remember what we were dealing with 4 years ago with GRob reading the "Little Train That Could" to the media.

As for the SU students. I travel to a lot of road games and we by far have the worst student section in the country. I am still at a loss why the SU students simply refuse to attend football games. I even decided to send an e-mail to AD Gross last week asking him to let the students in for free next year because the emtpy seats in the student section is a disgrace. The university is better off letting them in for free and making money of the concession sales.:bang:

As for the SU students. I travel to a lot of road games and we by far have the worst student section in the country. I am still at a loss why the SU students simply refuse to attend football games. I even decided to send an e-mail to AD Gross last week asking him to let the students in for free next year because the emtpy seats in the student section is a disgrace. The university is better off letting them in for free and making money of the concession sales.:bang:

They've tried that. Two years ago, all students got in free for Cincinnati (#4 in the country at the time), and no one showed.

Just give it time. It's not good, but it's a lot better than G-Rob days, and even most of the past two years.

the kids have reasons for not showing up.. but they cant use the team doesnt win and the games are boring excuse right now.

they better show up for the WV game..

the kids have reasons for not showing up.. but they cant use the team doesnt win and the games are boring excuse right now.

they better show up for the WV game..

Parents weekend. No student section.

what does parents weekend have to do with kids showing up for a friday night game? or do you mean they dont get the normal seating so they are more spread out?

what does parents weekend have to do with kids showing up for a friday night game? or do you mean they dont get the normal seating so they are more spread out?

Kids will be there, but we'll be spread around the whole stadium.

But that's Homecoming, no? Homecoming and Parents Weekend are the same weekend?

If they know that they're well short of selling out, they should hand out the tickets to students in an attempt to raise school spirit and get people in the dome.

For all of the fans complaining about Hackett, the defense, etc. just remember what we were dealing with 4 years ago with GRob reading the "Little Train That Could" to the media.

Attitude like that is what creates complacency and mediocrity. There is no reason fans cannot expect progress.

Attitude like that is what creates complacency and mediocrity. There is no reason fans cannot expect progress.

Nonsense--give me a break.

You don't think there's been PROGRESS from the time GRob was in charge? There's been substantial progress every single year that Marrone has been here.

He took basically the same personnel that had been largely uncompetitive under GRob and made them competitive, despite the depleted depth [if you need evidence, look at how we played Penn State GRob's last year versus Marrone's first year]. Last year, he got the team to a bowl game. This year, he's 3-1...despite still rebuilding the depth / talent in the pipeline.

Nobody is suggesting that the team is perfect, that we're a top 20 team [yet], or that there is nothing to improve upon--but if you don't see evidence that the program is trending in the right direction, you're just being stubborn. I honestly don't think that many appreciate how far the program had sunk under the previous coaching staff, or how big of a reclamation project the rebuild really is.

Nonsense--give me a break.

You don't think there's been PROGRESS from the time GRob was in charge? There's been substantial progress every single year that Marrone has been here.

He took basically the same personnel that had been largely uncompetitive under GRob and made them competitive, despite the depleted depth [if you need evidence, look at how we played Penn State GRob's last year versus Marrone's first year]. Last year, he got the team to a bowl game. This year, he's 3-1...despite still rebuilding the depth / talent in the pipeline.

Nobody is suggesting that the team is perfect, that we're a top 20 team [yet], or that there is nothing to improve upon--but if you don't see evidence that the program is trending in the right direction, you're just being stubborn. I honestly don't think that many appreciate how far the program had sunk under the previous coaching staff, or how big of a reclamation project the rebuild really is.

I'm comparing this year to last year, I don't judge by the G-Rob era. And last year playcalling was better if player execution was not.

They've tried that. Two years ago, all students got in free for Cincinnati (#4 in the country at the time), and no one showed.

Just give it time. It's not good, but it's a lot better than G-Rob days, and even most of the past two years.

You can't just do it for one came, no one comes, and then drop it. you have to try and start a trend. Offer the tickets for free for a season. There will be a percentage of freshman that end up attending for 4 years because of the fun they have in year 1.

A lot of freshmen had free fun during the Wake Forest game, but that didn't get them out of bed for a noon game yesterday.

I will take a win any way we can get it.
GoCuse44, Thanks a bunch for the tip you posted on the old board about the credit union ticket discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom