3-1 start as we all predicted | Syracusefan.com

3-1 start as we all predicted

and honestly @duke win is significantly better than a Ga tech Loss is bad.

This is the best 3-1 start we could have hoped for.

but we cant screw up Pitt and Miami at home now.

I think that Duke win covers Ga Tech and add in the ODU loss. Nothing will ever cleanse the stench of that UConn loss though, yuck.

I think that Duke win covers Ga Tech and add in the ODU loss. Nothing will ever cleanse the stench of that UConn loss though, yuck.

yeah but uconn and ODU had already happened. im talking 2 weeks ago there was a lot of chatter about getting to 3-1.

yeah but uconn and ODU had already happened. im talking 2 weeks ago there was a lot of chatter about getting to 3-1.

Sure, and I'm thinking in terms of the metrics, the tourney resume, beating #1 at home makes up significant ground, but there is more work to do.

For bubble purposes (i just threw up in my mouth a little bit), the win at Duke is exponentially bigger than the gtech loss.

Who did you beat and where do you beat them. Road wins. That's what matters. @Duke and @OSU will stand up against any other bubble team (yup, just threw up in my mouth again).

3-1 hadt to happen to get to 9-9. a bunch of winnable games left and need to steal a couple cause we will lose a couple we expect to win.

For bubble purposes (i just threw up in my mouth a little bit), the win at Duke is exponentially bigger than the gtech loss.

Who did you beat and where do you beat them. Road wins. That's what matters. @Duke and @OSU will stand up against any other bubble team (yup, just threw up in my mouth again).
Bad losses matter too. Maybe not as much as great road wins, but if you pile up enough bad losses, it doesn't matter how many good road wins you have. I think there was a team a couple of years ago who was like 18-16 but had beaten two top 5 teams on the road and they didn't make it because they had too many What losses.

Bad losses matter too. Maybe not as much as great road wins, but if you pile up enough bad losses, it doesn't matter how many good road wins you have. I think there was a team a couple of years ago who was like 18-16 but had beaten two top 5 teams on the road and they didn't make it because they had too many What losses.
I think the UCONN loss will fall under the without Frank line, and I'm not sure Ga Tech will be a bad loss at the end of the year. If we only win home games the rest of the way I think we will have 3 pretty good road wins in a bubble debate.

I think the UCONN loss will fall under the without Frank line, and I'm not sure Ga Tech will be a bad loss at the end of the year. If we only win home games the rest of the way I think we will have 3 pretty good road wins in a bubble debate.
I guess my point being that we already have the ODU and GT losses and a lot of basketball left. We can't stub our toes on the wakes, BCs, etc remaining on the schedule. And I will be surprised if GT is not a bad loss.

I remain optimistic... and why?

Frank Howard's performance in the second half of the Duke game. If he's truly back to last year's form (and he looked it, didn't he?) this team will be more than alright.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit to completely revert against Pitt.

HAVE to play better at home.

If there is one thing we can count on with this team, is wild inconsistency.

...and yes, it's about time we start leverage our domecourt advantage.
No idea why we seem to play worse in front of our own fans on the homecourt...

For those that love irony, this thread is a treasure trove. The Duke win has nothing to do with their depleted roster but a few days ago we took comfort that our early losses would be discounted due to Frank's injury.

For those that love irony, this thread is a treasure trove. The Duke win has nothing to do with their depleted roster but a few days ago we took comfort that our early losses would be discounted due to Frank's injury.

No doubt ironic. Possibly, why some may dismiss the relevance of Duke's two studs being out, is because their entire team (for the most part) is lined with Mickey D/5* guys they have the luxury of plug and playing. Although, it was obvious after Jones went down, that's simply not the case at the game's most critical position.

Duke still had the #1/#2 recruits who will also be the top 2 picks in the draft this year. A MCD All American coming off the bench in Bolden. Just came off a top 15 road win without Zion playing aT all in the second haLf.

They were at home and were a 17pt favorite. To be honest if you told Vegas before the game Started that joneS and reddish would be out, the line probably goes to 10, still a heavy favorite. OConnell, while costing theM on defense, was their best shooter all night

At the end of the day the analytics are the analytics. Our NET, BPI, KenPom, etc will all count the Duke win as everyone playing; same wIth the UConn loss.

If it’s down to us and someine else for the final NCAA spot will the committee say “yeah they beat duke but cam reddish didn’t play so I don’t think they should be in”. No, of course not. This is the best win in CBB so far this year

Apparently, with Frank all season we would be undefeated. I was told that here.

3 quqlity road wins in the bank already is huge. we really dont need any "signature" wins the rest of the way. just gotta beat the teams we're supposed to beat, especially at home, and we'll be safely in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom