3 point Defense stinks | Syracusefan.com

3 point Defense stinks

Colgate has hit 5 well contested 3s and 2 have come off loose ball kickouts. Agree it needs to be better but they have done well to get those.

Every year it’s a different excuse. Last year gillon was too short - what’s the excuse this time? Zone needs to evolve in this era of shooters or this will be a regular occurrence.

It’s effort and defensive intelligence. Washington didn’t have a problem against Kansas.

Every year it’s a different excuse. Last year gillon was too short - what’s the excuse this time? Zone needs to evolve in this era of shooters or this will be a regular occurrence.

Yup. Only way these inferior teams can hang with us is if they hit 3s. So why do we always let that happen????

Jb plays the percentages but this isn't 2005. Kids growing up practice shooting 3s now, not dunks. An uncontested 3 no matter how deep is like a layup to good shooters. It's so frustrating, jb needs to make the focus of the zone to take away the 3.

It’s effort and defensive intelligence. Washington didn’t have a problem against Kansas.
Hop made changes to the zone that JB has never tried.

one of the dumber things I have seen posted and that says a lot.

Yeah Hop, made adjustments to zone after 9 games that Jimmy never figured out. Ridiculous
Well, this board is chock full of moronic comments. This is the same Hopkins that so many wanted out of here after his 4-5 stint a couple of years back. Now, he is Coach K. He can't recruit anymore. Until we got bazley and Carey. His offense sucks. His defense can't keep up with the times. On and on. I hope, and I mean this, I hope that the posters here are 1/2 as good at their jobs as Jb has been at his.

Well, this board is chock full of moronic comments. This is the same Hopkins that so many wanted out of here after his 4-5 stint a couple of years back. Now, he is Coach K. He can't recruit anymore. Until we got bazley and Carey. His offense sucks. His defense can't keep up with the times. On and on. I hope, and I mean this, I hope that the posters here are 1/2 as good at their jobs as Jb has been at his.

Probably the most on target statement of the day.

We didn't go to the Tournament last year and the skill set of kids has changed to "be like Steph".

I think people have a right to bring that up.

This isn't even zone vs man today. This is a debate on how the zone should be evolving.

The only way Colgate or "insert name here" keeps it close is to bleed the clock and swing it around for open threes. Time after time, we allow inferior teams to dictate pace and offense.

We didn't go to the Tournament last year and the skill set of kids has changed to "be like Steph".

This isn't even zone vs man today. This is a debate on how the zone should be evolving.
People have the right to bring up anything they want. No one is taking that away. Other people have the right to disagree and think they are wrong. That hasn't been taken away either.

People have the right to bring up anything they want. No one is taking that away. Other people have the right to disagree and think they are wrong. That hasn't been taken away either.
Thank god we have the first amendment rights on this board. And glad we don’t allow second amendment rights on this boa d or else there be a lot of dead posters. And I’d be known as Halfmooncuse RIP

Again. We don’t get out on shooters. Everyone.

img6870033.jpg

some things never change

The only way Colgate or "insert name here" keeps it close is to bleed the clock and swing it around for open threes. Time after time, we allow inferior teams to dictate pace and offense.

Shooters are gonna make shots.

Our problem is we don’t have shooters ourselves.

Colgate scored 58, not 80.

Colgate scored 58, not 80.

I hear that, but that’s where most of their points came from. With Chukwu’s and eventually Sidibe’s size(when he is healthy) the guards and forwards don’t need to get sucked in.

Last edited:

I guess we shouldn’t even bother grading the defense if our offensive ineptitude is the only thing we’re allowed to criticize.

I guess we shouldn’t even bother grading the defense if our offensive ineptitude is the only thing we’re allowed to criticize.

I’m not worried about the defense. Defense is fine now and will likely get a lot better with experience.

Yeah, the question of how to play the zone is a very interesting point. I will say that I feel it has evolved a bit. I think one of the reasons we're seeing more lobs on the back line is because we're playing the wings much higher than in years past. I think one thing we need to see is our centers anticipating and cheating a bit more to help on the corner three. That's a tricky responsibility but at least against teams that are literally zero threat inside, Chuckwu should be preventing that corner shot from going up, not even simply challenging it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom