3 questions re: Adonis Ameen-Moore | Syracusefan.com

3 questions re: Adonis Ameen-Moore

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
Sorry for blanking on the kid, but the ACC thing has kinda taken over my mind. (and sadly, my life)

As for Adonis Ameen-Moore:

1) Has he received playing time this season?
2) If not, is it the goal of the staff to redshirt him?
3) If the running game continues to struggle, what are the odds the big fella sees the field by mid-October? (WVU or Louisville games)

His "player card" on ESPN.com shows "No Statistics Available"
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/514452/adonis-ameen-moore

1) No
2) You have to imagine, if he hasn't been in the fold yet this season, he should be next season. Take that FWIW
3) Since the staff has plugged in Jerome Smith in a big short-yardage situation this season, I think they stick with Smith the rest of the season setting up a good contrasting duo of PTG and AAM next season. Tri-Named, Dual-headed hydra.

This is a picture a friend of mine in the future took of PTG and AAM in 2012 vs. Rutgers:
2h_Dragon.jpg

1) Hasn't played - pretty sure I'm right on that
2) Heard on here they wanted to redshirt him
3) I wanted him to be playing already, so if he hasn't been getting into games yet I would hope that he redshirts instead of wasting a year of eligibility for only part of a season

1. No.
2. Not a specific goal.
3. The feeling among the staff is the problem is not AB, PTG or JS but the play up front at one position (not center).

The only reason that he would play this year is if SU cannot find a run game at all, and are in trouble of not winning six games. If that situation occurs then I am willing to bet that HCDM will try everything possible to get to those six wins...even burn a year of Adonis' eligibility for a shot in the dark.

1. No.
2. Not a specific goal.
3. The feeling among the staff is the problem is not AB, PTG or JS but the play up front at one position (not center).

Right side of left if you care disclose?
Also, has there been mention of concern with RB's picking up the blitz in pass protection? I've noticed quite a few matador blocks (and also the side the defenders are coming free on FWIW).

I see more problems with Chibane and less of Mackey

I'm having a really difficult time wrapping my head around this. If this is true, that means someone regressed. The staff can't allow that to happen. It would also seem to me as though we would see some disparities in the success of our running plays depending on who they run behind, but we don't seem to be doing well anywhere.

He is a big boy saw him up close - wide bodied Mack truck type - 1 year of S&C will do him wonders cause it seems like he has a little belly on him probably slowing him down right now.

This is what I've been saying since game 1.

Yup, a handful of us have been trying to point this out for weeks. Unfortunately it seems like all the chatter in the preseason about Mackey's size has prejudiced some people against him.

Anyway, it's probably a moot point now that the offensive line seems to be gelling. All things considered, they played very well against USC and they looked great again yesterday. Haven't watched a replay yet but Nassib seemed to have plenty of time and it was great to see the running game working.