Men's Soccer - (3) SU 2 vs Vermont 1: Sat Dec 3, 2 PM [NCAA Elite 8] | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer (3) SU 2 vs Vermont 1: Sat Dec 3, 2 PM [NCAA Elite 8]

Syracuse vs Creighton
Pitt vs Indiana

We were #3 in the last poll. Duke was #4. Greensboro was #7. Vermont was #8.

Pitt was #27. Indiana was #28. Creighton didn’t get a single vote. They have come out of nowhere. Went 3-3-4 in the Big East but were 13-4-6 overall. They obviously are red hot now and have won 7 in a row.

Hence we are strong favorites.

Creighton has scored 63 goals in 23 goals. That is really high scoring. They have given up 31 goals, which is disturbing high.

For comparison purposes, Syracuse has also played 23 games. They have 43 goals and have given up 13 goals. And they have played a far, far more difficult schedule.

Seems like a lifer. Played at Hartwick and coached at Oneonta, Hartwick and Syracuse.
Yeah sorry if you were being sincere. I've seen too much of the "now we lose the coach because he's successful" on the other boards here.
Weird response to a complimentary post about our men's Soccer coach.
Yeah sorry if you were being sincere. I've seen too much of the "now we lose the coach because he's successful" on the other boards here. Starts a whirl of negativity.

Probably, in the long run, the kid from FM (Pagano?) but Jergio is a really good player.

I do not think Jergio is our best player - thus the question. Agree he's really good and a very important part of the success of this group but "best player on the team" ?

Syracuse vs Creighton
Pitt vs Indiana

We were #3 in the last poll. Duke was #4. Greensboro was #7. Vermont was #8.

Pitt was #27. Indiana was #28. Creighton didn’t get a single vote. They have come out of nowhere. Went 3-3-4 in the Big East but were 13-4-6 overall. They obviously are red hot now and have won 7 in a row.

Hence we are strong favorites.

Creighton has scored 63 goals in 23 goals. That is really high scoring. They have given up 31 goals, which is disturbing high.

For comparison purposes, Syracuse has also played 23 games. They have 43 goals and have given up 13 goals. And they have played a far, far more difficult schedule.

It seems like the seedings are not a good indicator of who's likely to win. If I were Cuse, I would try and shrug off the " we are ranked higher than the rest thus we are in a good place" and go and be an underdog against Creighton. Come out with a vengeance and prove the doubters wrong.

How many the cuse kids are local? Like section 3 and schools?

Yeah sorry if you were being sincere. I've seen too much of the "now we lose the coach because he's successful" on the other boards here.

Yeah sorry if you were being sincere. I've seen too much of the "now we lose the coach because he's successful" on the other boards here. Starts a whirl of negativity.
No worries. 100% being sincere. I'm pretty sure McIntyre knows he can win at Syracuse and that we are know he's going to have down seasons. I personally wish we would upgrade the stadium for him.

No worries. 100% being sincere. I'm pretty sure McIntyre knows he can win at Syracuse and that we are know he's going to have down seasons. I personally wish we would upgrade the stadium for him.
Yes recruiting, coaching and facilities are the lifeblood of a good program. Two of 3 are in place; now we need to upgrade the stadium which will also help in recruiting !

Believe it or not New York has a ton of Soccer talent. Our best player is a local. Herkimer has dominated the JR college rankings for years. He‘s been here since 2010 and doesn’t need to go anywhere else. All that he is missing is a National Title. We should be the favorite to bring it home.
Yeah our best player Johnson is Canadian. But there is enough talent in NE/Canada plus internationally to compete.

Going this weekend to watch our grandson from Colorado play with his 17 boys elite team Friday/Saturday/Sunday at the college showcase in Raleigh. Their team is going Friday evening to the semi's. Hope we get his Orange sweatshirt before we leave that morning for his game at noon. Should be a fun weekend. Go Orange.

Going this weekend to watch our grandson from Colorado play with his 17 boys elite team Friday/Saturday/Sunday at the college showcase in Raleigh. Their team is going Friday evening to the semi's. Hope we get his Orange sweatshirt before we leave that morning for his game at noon. Should be a fun weekend. Go Orange.
Ha, I'll be there too. My son's u15 is playing as well. We plan on attending the semi-final game as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom