320th Youngest Team in the Country | Syracusefan.com

320th Youngest Team in the Country

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
What is JB talking about when he keeps talking about how young this team is? In the presser he called us the 320th youngest team in the country. I agree we are relatively inexperienced, but young?

Girard - Frosh
Buddy - Soph
Hughes - RS Junior
Dolezaj - Junior
Sidibe - Junior

What is JB talking about when he keeps talking about how young this team is? In the presser he called us the 320th youngest team in the country. I agree we are relatively inexperienced, but young?

Girard - Frosh
Buddy - Soph
Hughes - RS Junior
Dolezaj - Junior
Sidibe - Junior

Girard - Frosh
Edwards - Frosh
Guerrier - Frosh
Goodine - Frosh
JBA - Frosh*
Braswell - Soph
Carey - Soph
Buddy - Soph
Dolezaj - Junior
Sidibe - Junior
Washington - Junior
Hughes - RS Junior

We have no seniors.

when you have 2 Jrs who are really about FR in time due to injuries one SO who is out that leaves 2 JRS who know what they are doing and a SO who has seem real time

They if he would play the bench they will get time . We didn’t even score in the paint?

We also play one of the hardest defenses to learn. The basic slides are easy but the adjustments i.e. when do we match up, how the rotations work, what to do when the opponent screens the top, who we are shading to, who we are going to let shoot, etc. are hard to learn and everyone has to work as a unit.

There is a reason no one runs our zone, even Hop is running a light version of it.

Girard - Frosh
Buddy - Soph
Hughes - RS Junior
Dolezaj - Junior
Sidibe - Junior

Does JB read KenPom? According to KenPom, we are exactly the 320th experienced team in the country.

Sorry but in today’s college basketball a sophomore is not a young player anymore. In fact, he doesn’t even need to be that good to go play professionally after his slightly better than mediocre sophomore season. We’ve seen it again and again.

Bottom line...you cannot use the youth reason for playing poorly.

Sorry but in today’s college basketball a sophomore is not a young player anymore. In fact, he doesn’t even need to be that good to go play professionally after his slightly better than mediocre sophomore season. We’ve seen it again and again.

Bottom line...you cannot use the youth reason for playing poorly.

You can if one guy started last year.

You can if one guy started last year.
Bourama’s 3rd year and Buddy and Marek played a ton. My point is that you can’t rely on the extra time to get your team to mesh like yesteryear.
And PS. Paying kids at the college level will do next to nothing as far as keeping them there.

Most of our players that play are old for their year.

Sidibe is a 22 yr old jr
Hughes, Marek and Washington will be 22 in spring
Quincy and Goodine are 20 yr old freshman.

Buddy is 20, Girard 19, which is, or was, standard.

Sidibe is a 22 yr old jr

the KenPom number isn’t age. It’s experience.

Sidibe is a 22 yr old jr

Wow I was 19 the first 2.5 months of my junior year.

And we absolutely lack experience. But we aren‘t all that young.

Precisely. UK, Duke and the likes have a chiton of frosh year in and year out. What's at the core however, isn't youth or even inexperience for that matter as much as lack of talent. However, we have the double whammy of talent deficiency along with the inexperience card being alleged.

Also, KenPom has us at 222 for continuity which I think has something to do with returning minutes.

It’s determining what percentage of a team’s minutes are played by the same player from last season to this season.

so losing Tyus Frank OB and Chukwu is self explanatory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom