33rd in SRS | Syracusefan.com

33rd in SRS

Millhouse

Living Legend
There aren't that many people calling for his head or anything but it seems to me like people would be less frustrated if they alternated wins and losses.

This is a better year than I ever expected because I expected the offense to be so bad. Giants fans want to run all the time and anae doesn't do that but shrader has been good despite his limitations and and anae had done a good job cobbling together a passing game without much talent

The SRS is better than every marrone , Shafer, and grob year.

Babers had 1 other year as good or better out of seven yrs
P had 6 better in 14 years
Mac had 4 better in 9 years

After mcnabb, p had one year better out of six.

This year only sucks if you actually believes they were 14th. Most people did enjoy it while it lasted

Last edited:
Wouldn't things be worse if we didn't get up to 14th and have sold out games? There would be no good will built up. Let's play the alternating Ws and Ls.

W Louisville- wow maybe we are good
L Clemson- we are good
W UConn- could we get ranked?
L ND- we are same old SU
W Purdue- maybe we can make a Bowl but we got lucky
L Pitt- we stink again
W UVA- barely beat a team that stinks but we are 4-3
L FSU- how much is Dino's buyout?
W Wagner- one more W and we get to 6, but why were Shrader and Tucker in all game?
L Wake- we blew that game and now we might go from 5-4 to 5-7 just like last year
W NC State- thank goodness their QB was out WE MADE A BOWL! Do we still rush the field? BTW the game is far from a sell out

We don't have the highs of being ranked, or sold out games. But we don't have the lows of losing 5 straight. But overall I think we are the same feeling.

Wouldn't things be worse if we didn't get up to 14th and have sold out games? There would be no good will built up. Let's play the alternating Ws and Ls.

W Louisville- wow maybe we are good
L Clemson- we are good
W UConn- could we get ranked?
L ND- we are same old SU
W Purdue- maybe we can make a Bowl but we got lucky
L Pitt- we stink again
W UVA- barely beat a team that stinks but we are 4-3
L FSU- how much is Dino's buyout?
W Wagner- one more W and we get to 6, but why were Shrader and Tucker in all game?
L Wake- we blew that game and now we might go from 5-4 to 5-7 just like last year
W NC State- thank goodness their QB was out WE MADE A BOWL! Do we still rush the field? BTW the game is far from a sell out

We don't have the highs of being ranked, or sold out games. But we don't have the lows of losing 5 straight. But overall I think we are the same feeling.
I wasn't being specific about the schedule, i just meant if they were always a .500 team and didn't play all the hardest opponents in a row, people wouldn't be having as big a fit

The Pitt game is what bothers me the most.

We competed against Clemson and Notre Dame would've been different if Shrader was healthy

We got dominated by Pitt, which we consider a peer school.
Florida State and Pitt dominated our offensive line. At least the Pitt game was close, we were playing with the backup QB, and we had a chance of making it a real game at the end.

Florida State is the game that made me want to cry

Florida State and Pitt dominated our offensive line. At least the Pitt game was close, we were playing with the backup QB, and we had a chance of making it a real game at the end.

Florida State is the game that made me want to cry
Fsu has a better srs than Clemson fwiw

Tough stretch playing the #9,11,16,20, and 43 teams five games in a row

FSU is the best team right now..

We played all the good running teams when we also had the most injuries.

if the oline was run blocking as well as last year and we could pass like this year we would be 9-2..

no matter the blocking scheme you cant find 10 plays all yr where the oline knocked anyone off the ball. how does that happen

FSU is the best team right now..

We played all the good running teams when we also had the most injuries.

if the oline was run blocking as well as last year and we could pass like this year we would be 9-2..

no matter the blocking scheme you cant find 10 plays all yr where the oline knocked anyone off the ball. how does that happen
Didnt play the best combination.

I feel like almost everyone team in the country could say that. That’s why the games are played. The oline doesn’t block well and we don’t always have a great passing offense b/c we have 1 WR. That’s why we’re at 6 wins.

I wasn't being specific about the schedule, i just meant if they were always a .500 team and didn't play all the hardest opponents in a row, people wouldn't be having as big a fit
Maybe. Most people were adamant that it was bowl or bust this season, or Dino had to go. If we were sitting at 4-4 or 5-5 there’d have been a ton of heat on him to get to 6. I suspect the same people calling for his firing now would have been doing so in week 5 or 6 of this hypothetical balanced .500 season.

so we think that a long time head coach with a real long time OC and a very experienced oline coach coudnt figure out what combination of guys to play to the level the whole oline was screwed up?

Please explain why Schmidt ( a successful line coach) and Anae ( a successful OC) would not know whats the best combo for their line? Im not trying to call you out. I really want to know what others are seeing that I'm not seeing. You say these things and Im curious to know how you come up with these thoughts.

There aren't that many people calling for his head or anything but it seems to me like people would be less frustrated if they alternated wins and losses.

This is a better year than I ever expected because I expected the offense to be so bad. Giants fans want to run all the time and anae doesn't do that but shrader has been good despite his limitations and and anae had done a good job cobbling together a passing game without much talent

The SRS is better than every marrone , Shafer, and grob year.

Babers had 1 other year as good or better out of seven yrs
P had 6 better in 14 years
Mac had 4 better in 9 years

After mcnabb, p had one year better out of six.

This year only sucks if you actually believes they were 14th. Most people did enjoy it while it lasted
I believe the 17th most difficult SOS as well, though I know SRS factors that in. Just crazy how sneaky difficult this whole schedule was overall.

I believe the 17th most difficult SOS as well, though I know SRS factors that in. Just crazy how sneaky difficult this whole schedule was overall.
a lot of the bad feelings came from people not realizing FSU is dominant because they lost some weird games (ND too) and not coming to terms with Wake finding a way to be good all the time with qbs that really shouldn't be as good as they are.

Please explain why Schmidt ( a successful line coach) and Anae ( a successful OC) would not know whats the best combo for their line? Im not trying to call you out. I really want to know what others are seeing that I'm not seeing. You say these things and Im curious to know how you come up with these thoughts.
blind-businessman-blindfolded-throwing-darts-at-target.jpg

Spurred on a good conversation about the season but SRS is a really poor measuring tool imo.

Much more complex efficiency measurements would have us in the 40's or lower as a team nationally.

Spurred on a good conversation about the season but SRS is a really poor measuring tool imo.

Much more complex efficiency measurements would have us in the 40's or lower as a team nationally.
complex isn't necessarily better and many of those measurements don't go back as far to compare

happy to look at those stats if anyone ever shared them.

complex isn't necessarily better and many of those measurements don't go back as far to compare

happy to look at those stats if anyone ever shared them.
Colley Matrix has us at 42. It’s a pretty unique model that only looks at the wins and losses. I know it sounds bad but it has a lot of interesting math applied to it imo Colley's Bias Free Matrix Rankings

At its highest it had us at 11 when we were 6-0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom