33rd in the Coaches Poll | Syracusefan.com

33rd in the Coaches Poll

Not bad. Don't know how WVU stays in the top 25 and have no clue how rutgers still got 2 votes. Has to be Shady voted them 24th.

I can deal with that. Win the next 2 on the road and we should crack the top 25.

We are 32nd in the AP poll so your right we win @Louisville and @UConn we should make the top 25.

Makes not being able to hit an Extra point or FG against RU more painful. We'd probablt be in the top 25 otherwise

That game against Rutgers was, at the time, the most painful loss I can remember. And I include the game against, also, Rutgers in 1999 (which was on my 19th birthday, and I spent the entire day in a car on the way to my grandmother's funeral, so that was a painful loss). Right now the Rutgers game is even more painful, because we should be 6-1, 2-0 and ranked around 22 or 23 and controlling our own BCS destiny.

I been saying all along that loss is gonna be a bitch this year. Brutal

Not bad. Don't know how WVU stays in the top 25 and have no clue how rutgers still got 2 votes. Has to be Shady voted them 24th.

I have absolutely no doubt this is true

I been saying all along that loss is gonna be a bitch this year. Brutal
Karma gods gave us the Wake Forest game. I hated losing the Rutgers game because we completely outplayed them and dropped probably 5 INTs, but they won just like we did against Wake Forest where they dominated us.

is there anywhere that shows each coaches' submitted rankings? Id love to see Marrone's and Schiano's.

Another important milestone in the rebuilding process. when was the last time Syracuse appeared in the polls?

#32 AP. Nestled between Texas and Miami. :p

Another important milestone in the rebuilding process. when was the last time Syracuse appeared in the polls?

We were 14th at the end of the 2001 season. Haven't been ranked since.

I care more about getting 2 more wins in the next 2 games to go bowling than being ranked...

dont we need only one more win to go bowling...at any rate...I see 'Cuse in top 25 at end of season...go 'Cuse.

dont we need only one more win to go bowling...at any rate...I see 'Cuse in top 25 at end of season...go 'Cuse.
1 more to get bowl-eligible. With ND scenarios already having been discussed on the board, 2 more would clinch it, I think.

I care more about getting 2 more wins in the next 2 games to go bowling than being ranked...

Being ranked would do so much to excite our fan base even more. If we win the next two, come into the Friday night USF game ranked 23 or 24, whatever, I think we'll sell out the Dome, or come close to it.

These are all big ifs. Our next two games are against two teams Marrone hasn't been able to beat, lets hope we can build on this and really have a special end to the season.

We are ranked #31 in the Harris interactive poll. So 31 and 33 with the computer rankings pending. I believe we will be in the mid to low 30s in the official BCS standings when the computers rank us with how weak the Big East is.

I'm fine with West Virgina in the top 25. If they run the table it makes us look better. Regarding Rutgers, the only people that know we outplayed them are Rutgers and SU fans because noone else watched that game. Everyone else only sees a win for them. So we have the same Big East and overall record as them and we got more votes so I'm fine with it. I love that we're ahead of Auburn, Florida, and Miami! Who would've called that in august?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom