34-3 and only to the elite 8? | Syracusefan.com

34-3 and only to the elite 8?

Flacusian

All Conference
Hard to believe that a team can go 34-8 and not be in the Final 4. I don't think we'll ever see Syracuse compile another wins/loss record like this year and I'm hoping we never have such a tumultuous year plagued by scandal, bad press, and eligibility issues with one of our key players.

A season which started with so much promise was dogged by issues off the court all the while the team somehow maintained it's focus on the court and provided us with the winningest season in history. For myself, Scoop will be fondly remembered as the heart and soul of this team and although he has gotten more than his due share of criticism, what he provided on the floor was augmented by the leadership and positive attitude. He will be missed.

Perhaps there will be players who have more ability than Scoop but he made the most of his God given talents and I would guess he is the winningest guard in school history.

Kris Joseph has also been a great contributor to the program but I think he will also be remembered, whether warranted or not) as someone who never quite filled the expectations which were placed on him once he became a starter.

I appreciate all that they have done both this season and prior to this year and they have been solid 4 year players, a commodity which doesn't seem to be valued in the manner it should be. Thank you Scoop and Kris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom