36 years ago. The change for the good. What a game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

36 years ago. The change for the good. What a game

At least two of my favorite SU basketball wins were over UNC. SU beat UNC my first year at Syracuse 78-76, with Jimmy Lee & Rudy Hackett. That was 48 years ago, before JB’s long run. Our first final four. I watched the UNC game a bunch of times in the lounge between Flint and Day Hall. That experience has aged well.
Remember how NC tried to get a charge play on the in bounds pass ? I only saw that play twice , both by NC and Dean Smith. Didn't work either time

Remember how NC tried to get a charge play on the in bounds pass ? I only saw that play twice , both by NC and Dean Smith. Didn't work either time
The game was so different then and dominated by personalities of an older era. There was no shot clock nor slam dunk. I loved beating Dean Smith and the ACC.

At least two of my favorite SU basketball wins were over UNC. SU beat UNC my first year at Syracuse 78-76, with Jimmy Lee & Rudy Hackett. That was 48 years ago, before JB’s long run. Our first final four. I watched the UNC game a bunch of times in the lounge between Flint and Day Hall. That experience has aged well.
I had just finished playing a rec-league game at the Armory and watched the Lee-Hackett game with a crowd on a tv in the lobby, including UNC's failed attempt to draw a charging foul on the in-bounds play at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom