4-0 in the ACC... | Syracusefan.com

4-0 in the ACC...

44cuse

All Conference
And just to beat you all to the punch...I don't care if we haven't played UVA, Duke, UNC, `Ville, etc yet. We'll get to that point and not likely win them all (or even half).

But for this team, which was straight up bad early on, to be 4-0 in the ACC is great. Don;t care that two were at home. Don't care that some were really ugly. Don't care none of them are statement wins. Just don't care.

FR PG shaky.
McC done.
Cooney...streaky.
And everything else we know about this team.

May not end up where we all want it and that may include missing the tournament. But right now it's 4-0 in the ACC and that's as much as you can ask.

44cuse

No easy games, I think that has been proven this year. Remember when everyone said the league was top heavy? That may be the case but these teams in the lower half aren't half bad... So to be 4-0 is a good accomplishment for this team, agree completely.

No easy games, I think that has been proven this year. Remember when everyone said the league was top heavy? That may be the case but these teams in the lower half aren't half bad... So to be 4-0 is a good accomplishment for this team, agree completely.

Case in point: Duke - Miami game.

I am convinced of the dividends of scheduling more aggressively in the non conf after this year. There is a maturity about this team now as well as 3 guys clearly looking to take control and win. The role players stepping up more will be the x factors when the level of comp goes up but you can bet on the big 3 bringing it every night and realizing they have to. Its a new role for all of them and they are settling into it.

and they're @ L'vlle Saturday
(which was supposed to be K's coronation :eek:)

Yes it was.

I had Duke losing to Louisville for their first loss of the season but now it'll be their third.

FairfaxOrange said:
We are going to continue to get better. 4-0 is just the start!

Actually, and just trying to be realistic, we may get better but we are also going to get tired. If Cooney loses his legs in the last 1/4 of the season...we are in trouble. And with these minutes and with zero bench it's an issue. We may get better, but we're also going to get tired.

44cuse

Actually, and just trying to be realistic, we may get better but we are also going to get tired. If Cooney loses his legs in the last 1/4 of the season...we are in trouble. And with these minutes and with zero bench it's an issue. We may get better, but we're also going to get tired.

44cuse

Sad but true. We need Cooney / Rak / Gbinije to play and score at a high level in order for this team to win. If any of them has an "off" game for whatever reason--fatigue, legs, an off shooting night--we won't be able to make up those points.

Sad but true. We need Cooney / Rak / Gbinije to play and score at a high level in order for this team to win. If any of them has an "off" game for whatever reason--fatigue, legs, an off shooting night--we won't be able to make up those points.

There is no question that we are a flawed team. What we need is for Kaleb, BJ and Ron to become productive to the point that they can spell some of the others. Given some practice time, I'm hopeful this will happen. Rak is the enigma. There is little chance of him getting very much rest unless BJ becomes a better defender and Tyler moves over to spell him. Obokoh just is not ready to contribute this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom