4 team college conference draft | Syracusefan.com

4 team college conference draft

Alsacs

Living Legend
EDIT: With Jim Boeheim's comments post game yesterday I thought I would dig this thread up from May. It seems JB jokingly agreed with our exercise.

We are going to do a 4 team conference draft. Teams are Southern California GM'd by Rrlbees, Texas GM'd by Kaiser, Alabama GM'd by JackBauer44, and Ohio State GM'd by myself.
The criteria is to draft the most profitable conference for television media rights while respecting rivalries and academics as much as possible. Football matters the most, but basketball and media market matter as well.
The draft will be 15 rounds and will be conducted in snake format. I randomly on my computer determined the draft order. I will give a 1 sentence explanation for all of my picks if you guys want to do the same go ahead.
Odd rounds will look like this
1st pick Texas
2nd pick Alabama
3rd pick Ohio State
4th pick USC
Even rounds will be in reverse order.
Kasier your on the clock.

We are going to do a 4 team conference draft. Teams are Southern California GM'd by Rrlbees, Texas GM'd by Kaiser, Alabama GM'd by JackBauer44, and Ohio State GM'd by myself.
The criteria is to draft the most profitable conference for television media rights while respecting rivalries and academics as much as possible. Football matters the most, but basketball and media market matter as well.
The draft will be 15 rounds and will be conducted in snake format. I randomly on my computer determined the draft order. I will give a 1 sentence explanation for all of my picks if you guys want to do the same go ahead.
Odd rounds will look like this
1st pick Texas
2nd pick Alabama
3rd pick Ohio State
4th pick USC
Even rounds will be in reverse order.
Kasier your on the clock.
Florida. Oklahoma is the obvious choice, but i wanted to tap into FL and with the 1st pick, going this way was a no brainer.

1st round
Texas-Florida. Oklahoma is the obvious choice, but i wanted to tap into Fl and with the 1st pick, was a no brainer
Alabama- is on the clock.

Currently ESPN cameras are in New Brunswick, NJ watching with anticipation of Rutgers being picked in the 1st Round. RutgersAl is being interviewed...Wow'ing the nation.

Alabama selects Auburn. Keeps a rivalry set and is the logical first pick for Alabama.

1st round
Texas-Florida. Oklahoma is the obvious choice, but i wanted to tap into Fl and with the 1st pick, was a no brainer
Alabama selects Auburn. Keeps a rivalry set and is the logical first pick for Alabama.
Ohio State is on the clock
and Ohio State selects Michigan. Ohio State knows that its fanbase has to have TSUN in its conference to hate and takes Michigan.
Southern California is on the clock for the next 2 picks.

if bees, cant/wont/doesnt want to do it...have someone else step in.

tmark?

With the 4th and last pick of the 1st round, USC selects ND due to both the rivalry and the value of ND nationwide and in the media.

1st round
Texas-Florida
Alabama-Auburn
Ohio State-Michigan
Southern Cal- Notre Dame
2nd round
Southern Cal is still on the clock

With the 1st pick of the 2nd round, the proud University of Southern California selects Penn St. I hate them but they have huge national and TV appeal.

1st round
Texas-Florida
Alabama- Auburn
Ohio State- Michigan
USC- Notre Dame
2nd round
USC-Penn State
Ohio State- with Penn State being Ohio State's pick the Buckeyes decide to go into the Southwest and select Oklahoma. The Buckeyes need a blue blood program and the Sooners are the top dog on the board.
Alabama is on the clock.

holy crap, you took my Okla? the longhorn war room has just ordered more beer.

This thread needs to pick up as much steam as possible.

I agree anyone who wants to be a co-GM let me know I will most certainly take anybody who wants in on Team Ohio State. I would say 30 minutes a pick I will be a lot faster but everyone else tell me what you think is fair.

man, you started it. i have my whole draft laid out.

man, you started it. i have my whole draft laid out.
Okay I am good I just want to make sure you guys are good as well. Good job sniping my 2nd pick.

i last picked 2 hours ago and now im going to lunch soon, but dont want a co-GM. i got 3 teams in the hopper ready to pick 2 of them. somebody pick for auburn and lets move.

Come on, I've been waiting just like everyone else. I've been on lunch from work. Let's calm down a tad bit.

Alabama with the third pick of the second round selects LSU. The Football program profits 47 million a year. Good market and a powerhouse football team.

Kaiser gave me his next two picks
1st round
Texas-Florida
Alabama- Auburn
Ohio State- Michigan
USC- Notre Dame
2nd round
USC-Penn State
Ohio State-Oklahoma
Alabama-LSU
Texas selects Nebraska. The Huskers have a national brand.
3rd round
Texas selects Tennessee. 100k stadium and expands the reach of the conference.
Alabama on the clock

Alabama is pissed that Tennessee was taken. But they take Florida State to get into the Florida market for recruiting and exposure. Come on down Dabo.

1st round
Texas-Florida
Alabama- Auburn
Ohio State- Michigan
USC- Notre Dame
2nd round
USC-Penn State
Ohio State-Oklahoma
Alabama-LSU
Texas-Nebraska.
3rd round
Texas-Tennessee
Alabama-Florida State
Ohio State- for the second time in 2 rounds the Buckeyes have been sniped again and decide to reach into the fastest growing state in the country for recruiting and draft the Georgia Bulldogs.
USC is on the clock

Last pick in the 3rd round, USC takes Oregon. First pick in the 4th round, USC selects Michigan State. Both have solid money making sports programs and they fill rivalries for teams already selected.

1st round
Texas-Florida
Alabama- Auburn
Ohio State- Michigan
USC- Notre Dame
2nd round
USC-Penn State
Ohio State-Oklahoma
Alabama-LSU
Texas-Nebraska.
3rd round
Texas-Tennessee
Alabama-Florida State
Ohio State- Georgia
USC- Oregon
4th round
USC-Michigan State
Ohio State- drafts Miami(Fl) the U opens up recruiting in Florida and allows the conference to have a partner for Georgia.

3rd pick of the 4th round...

Alabama selects Arkansas. Rival for both LSU and Alabama. Alabama is sticking down south, could that change soon?