4 team college conference draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

4 team college conference draft

Is it possible to trade teams? Looks like Cal is gonna be pissed having their closest partners be Boise State and Texas Tech in a SE centric conference. Maybe a straight up trade for Miss. St.? Just a thought.
Trades are definitely allowed and that is good suggestion.

Let me know when it's all over so I know who we will be playing against.

I would like to put both Boise State and Cal on the trading block...

Let me know when it's all over so I know who we will be playing against.
Lol, Commish Kaiser isn't going to deal SU so under his conference we would be in a real conference USA.

I am proposing the following trades:

Alabama trades Boise St to Texas for Ole Miss.

Alabama trades Cal to USC for Mississippi St

At first glance, the Ohio State conference looks to me to be the best basketball conference. Ohio State, Kentucky, Duke, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin is tough to beat.

Best football conference looks to me to be a bit of a toss up between Alabama and USC.

At first glance, the Ohio State conference looks to me to be the best basketball conference. Ohio State, Kentucky, Duke, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin is tough to beat.

Best football conference looks to me to be a bit of a toss up between Alabama and USC.

So you agree with me that the Texas conference sucks. :)

Bees, What do you think of the trade I offered you?

Cal does nada for me. Would be a 5th team on the west coast.

My 4 Team pods right now:

North: UConn, UNC, NCState, & Louisville
East: Clemson, South Carolina, Florida State, & Vanderbilt
South: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, & Arkansas
West: Baylor, Cal, Boise State, & Texas Tech

My 4 Team pods right now:

North: UConn, UNC, NCState, & Louisville
East: Clemson, South Carolina, Florida State, & Vanderbilt
South: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, & Arkansas
West: Baylor, Cal, Boise State, & Texas Tech

Subject to change via Trades/Waiver Wire

couple things....

a snake draft doesnt work for this process.

you just cant allow the 4th school to have phenomnial picks.

plus, bees grabbing nd for usc ruined the entire draft.

so did i by taking florida. but my goal was texas, okie, lsu, fla and then move up the east coast. who knows??...

i wanted to reinvent the b12 and sec, force things northeast, northmidwest and west.

didnt work.

the snake ruined it.

still want to know why bees thinks the landscape in 12 has determined things for the future.

apparently, hes given up on Syracuse.....:noidea:

Oh Lord

couple things....

a snake draft doesnt work for this process.

you just cant allow the 4th school to have phenomnial picks.

plus, bees grabbing nd for usc ruined the entire draft.

so did i by taking florida. but my goal was texas, okie, lsu, fla and then move up the east coast. who knows??...

i wanted to reinvent the b12 and sec, force things northeast, northmidwest and west.

didnt work.

the snake ruined it.

still want to know why bees thinks the landscape in 12 has determined things for the future.

apparently, hes given up on Syracuse.....:noidea:

Oh Lord
Kaiser I stayed true to the Midwest and added a nice Southern portfolio for $$$ but we can figure it out again sometime. I think it was fine Bees kinda neglected the West USC would never not be in a conference without Stanford and Cal their Northern Cal alumni want a game there every year, but he did get a lot of good football schools. I am wondering what the TexanMark's and everyone else thinks.

what does bees have??

usc, oregon, stanford, wash
nd, mich st, penn st, purdue
wv, vpi, va, pitt,
colorado, okie st, miss st, kstate

more people live between dc and boston than in the entire usa combined.

he ignores them. which is fine if you go local centered, but if the goal was to try to go 'NATIONAL'... it was a failure.

and its useless for hoop.

and lets pretend hoop is useless, for its not.

I am amazed Syracuse was taken ahead of many of these teams. Some true homers on this board! ;)

Syracuse was an 11-12th round team on my board.
Yeah, Bees did neglect basketball except Michigan State and Pitt, but Penn State, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, and Michigan State are awesome football foundation. The problem with his pods are that they aren't balanced with good football and basketball.
I have an anchor football and basketball program in each pod.
East- Ohio State or Michigan football Kentucky basketball
South- Georgia or Miami football Duke basketball
Midwest-Oklahoma football Missouri basketball
North- Wisconsin football and Illinois or Wisconsin basketball
I personally love my conference and obviously the commissioner of my conference is the evil Jim Delany.

i had Cuse lower too, but the way things went, i had to go pod system and i wanted...and completed...the best NE pod out there.

with only 4 teams, a snake doesnt work.

and i still think bees was foolish for taking a pro league stand point.

but it basically did force everyone to go national, and find pro like divisions.

he ended up losing though... :rolling:

Oh Lord

I really like my league. I think from a football standpoint, it's pretty stacked. With Boise St and Cal available, I took them just because they were the best teams out there. Thinking about my pod system, it may make better sense to have gone "TCU and Houston". That would give Baylor and Texas Tech two teams close to each other for a more geographical conference.

I think it was pretty evident I wanted a southern conference and stuck Big 12/SEC for most of it. I definitely drafted from a bigger football viewpoint.

After I selected UNC, my next pick was going to be Kentucky, but they got snatched up. I enjoyed it though.

Had no time today at all. Will have some time tomorrow afternoon and I will present to you the reasons why my conference out paces the others in a number of ways. It was like taking candy from a baby.

BTW, why doesn't snake draft work? What is fair about the same team getting 1st pick every round when we are all starting from scratch and isn't based upon reverse performance the prior year? If you look at it mathematically, regardless of which pick you have in a snake draft, theoretically everyone is equal. 1 + 8 = 9, 2 + 7 = 9, 3 + 6 = 9, 4 + 5 = 9, etc. or add up the overall pick number for every pick and it totals the same. Bunch of whining for bad drafting.

Had no time today at all. Will have some time tomorrow afternoon and I will present to you the reasons why my conference out paces the others in a number of ways. It was like taking candy from a baby.

BTW, why doesn't snake draft work? What is fair about the same team getting 1st pick every round when we are all starting from scratch and isn't based upon reverse performance the prior year? If you look at it mathematically, regardless of which pick you have in a snake draft, theoretically everyone is equal. 1 + 8 = 9, 2 + 7 = 9, 3 + 6 = 9, 4 + 5 = 9, etc. or add up the overall pick number for every pick and it totals the same. Bunch of whining for bad drafting.
i did not bad draft.

i just think that with only 4 teams, a snake makes no sense.

i also dont think something as monumental as this should be 1-4. 1-4. 1-4 etc.

i suggest naming 'keepers', after the captains are named.

after that, if you want to snake...i can see it.

otherwise, give me the 4th and 5th pick anyday over 1 and 8. your math is foolish and in a vacuum.

Could someone put the four conferences into a spreadsheet or list them in side-by-side columns (preferably grouped by pod rather than draft order) so we can compare all at once?

Could someone put the four conferences into a spreadsheet or list them in side-by-side columns (preferably grouped by pod rather than draft order) so we can compare all at once?

I will be doing my pods later today.

I am bumping this cause of JB's comments yesterday I think its funny we did this in May.

Apparently, I'm a genius with my Maryland/rutgers pairing for tv eyes. Throw in my other cities...and yes, I won.

Still think a small keeper group is way to go.

I was thinking about this the other day. What a fun draft. Maybe Jimmy B reads the board?