42 yard extra point kicks. | Syracusefan.com

42 yard extra point kicks.

Like it? I love it! It's a worthless exercise right now and lets face it, you never see a fake extra point try anyway. Go for 2 from the 2 or 1 from the 25.

"I keek a touchdown". Who said it?

We're in trouble hahahah

By my count -- my numbers might be off -- SU missed three PATs in 2013. Compared to most schools nationwide, that is not too bad.

By my count -- my numbers might be off -- SU missed three PATs in 2013. Compared to most schools nationwide, that is not too bad.
I'll bet it looks worse if you do it as a percentage. We didn't score many touchdowns.

I'd rather see them eliminate the extra point than do this...there is absolutely nothing worse than seeing a game decided on a missed extra point. Then go the extra step and eliminate field goals, too - then we're really on the right path.

It will be fascinating, at least for a while, watching coaches bungle this strategy. Imagine all the scenarios that can be generated by a late TD that puts you down just 1 point. Do you take the ~80% chance at the tie by kicking the 42 yd PAT, or do you go for the ~50% chance at taking the lead with the 2 pt conversion?

I don't like fundamental changes to the game like this. I guess call me old school but I don't see a problem with the way it is now.

If you have to change it just make the TD worth 7 and do away with the whole thing.