46% of all starters of the S16 teams were transfers | Syracusefan.com

46% of all starters of the S16 teams were transfers

That’s why Red has to pound the portal! I mean pound that portal for all it’s worth. When Red gets done with the portal it should need a cigarette.
It is Red, but it's also whether we have the NIL to draw free agents. Hopefully we do.

That’s why Red has to pound the portal! I mean pound that portal for all it’s worth. When Red gets done with the portal it should need a cigarette.
It looks like nothings been going on since season ending

Gross GIF

Why are people acting like SU and Red are out of step in this regard? 40% of our starters were transfers until McLeod got hurt. If Westry hadn't been injured it may have been 60%. SU had 4 high quality transfers but only got production form one of them. I'm pretty sure he can do it again (except maybe a little more out of them).

I wonder what percentage are 5th year guys? Is this the last year of the 5th or 6th year COVID players?

The interesting thing I noted is that its only 14 of 37 (38%) players from P6 teams.

All P6 guys last year for Syracuse. That might be pure co-incidence, and in the end all that matters is quality, but I hope we are hitting the portal hard from all angles not just power conferences.

The interesting thing I noted is that its only 14 of 37 (38%) players from P6 teams.

All P6 guys last year for Syracuse. That might be pure co-incidence, and in the end all that matters is quality, but I hope we are hitting the portal hard from all angles not just power conferences.
I would hope we would be scouting all over. If they don't know what good talent looks like on lesser known teams, it might be time for a career change.

That is why player evaluation in the portal era is so crucial. If a guy isn't starring at another P6 school, why would they star at Syracuse? If a guy is scoring 20 ppg at a low level school, can he score at a P6 school? More important, you have to recruit kids that fit your system.

Totally been feeling that angle as well.

Seems like the move is guys going up a level vs down or sideways

Next year is the last I believe
Thank god. Covid year rule was a big negative for us. Just made everyone else older for four years, in the middle of which we rebuilt with 6 freshman. Never had a 5th year who actually played (sidibe injured) and two guys ended up portaling who would have otherwise ended their careers as orange.

Thank god. Covid year rule was a big negative for us. Just made everyone else older for four years, in the middle of which we rebuilt with 6 freshman. Never had a 5th year who actually played (sidibe injured) and two guys ended up portaling who would have otherwise ended their careers as orange.

Seems like a decent number of coaches as well as posters in this very board figured that out. I remember many posts before wondering what the heck we were doing (or not doing) in the portal

So basically 46% of the time a transfer works every time? You'd think Pitt would be all over this.

I wonder to what degree if any GMac's departure affects Red portal pounding. How much time he has to spend finding a replacement assistant, and taking over HS recruiting relationships that were previously managed by GMac. He has to deal with that end and the portal at the same time.

I wonder to what degree if any GMac's departure affects Red portal pounding. How much time he has to spend finding a replacement assistant, and taking over HS recruiting relationships that were previously managed by GMac. He has to deal with that end and the portal at the same time.
Do not worry, Red is not shy about pounding both ends.

It’s the perfect encapsulation of our program and how stale we’ve gotten that as this has become the trend we went all in on a 6 man freshman class. And not like it was a top 5 class either….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom