48 hours | Syracusefan.com

48 hours

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
After a bubble bursting loss it takes me about two days to regain perspective. The fan base was energized after the first 5 games and were dreaming of big things. I think we still have a great chance to end with 7 or 8 wins. Staff has 2 weeks to evaluate film and work on run D. I doubt ED will play as poorly as he did Saturday very often. Stay the course my friends, stay the course.

I remain optimistic, but went through a couple of days of

11QkHIDouBWOVG.gif

After a bubble bursting loss it takes me about two days to regain perspective. The fan base was energized after the first 5 games and were dreaming of big things. I think we still have a great chance to end with 7 or 8 wins. Staff has 2 weeks to evaluate film and work on run D. I doubt ED will play as poorly as he did Saturday very often. Stay the course my friends, stay the course.
stay the course AND play devito when necessary.

That field at Pittsburgh is one of the worst for footing in pro and college football, and when it's raining, even worse. The Orange are built to play on a fast and dry surface. That offense will always struggle in those conditions no matter who is the QB.

That field at Pittsburgh is one of the worst for footing in pro and college football, and when it's raining, even worse. The Orange are built to play on a fast and dry surface. That offense will always struggle in those conditions no matter who is the QB.

Beating NC at home is now crucial for this season's success, we have little margin for error now. No excuses about field, away game or anything else. Lose this one and the season is in serious jeopardy, not necessarily a death blow but odds of success get long.

Beating NC at home is now crucial for this season's success, we have little margin for error now. No excuses about field, away game or anything else. Lose this one and the season is in serious jeopardy, not necessarily a death blow but odds of success get long.
Bear. What you say is true, and what I said is also true.

That field was just fine. The rain was brief. Our DEs had no trouble turning the corner to pressure the QB. Our troubles had nothing to do with the field.

That field was just fine. The rain was brief. Our DEs had no trouble turning the corner to pressure the QB. Our troubles had nothing to do with the field.
It's deep and soft, it's not field turf.

It's deep and soft, it's not field turf.
Every player on that field has played and practiced on grass most of their lives. If they hope to play in the NFL they will continue to, maybe even in the snow.

You wonder why your golf buddies don't believe your opinion regarding Syracuse football? It's lack of objectivity like that.

Every player on that field has played and practiced on grass most of their lives. If they hope to play in the NFL they will continue to, maybe even in the snow.

You wonder why your golf buddies don't believe your opinion regarding Syracuse football? It's lack of objectivity like that.
No almost everybody has field turf, sans really small k-12 type schools

Almost every time I have watched a Steelers game in Pittsburgh, the announcers comment on what a poor field that is. I guess you have never heard that from former NFL player who announce games there. Sorry I am trying to make some small excuse for our team after 2 tough loses. You know, the guys who go out there and get the crap beat out of them and some serious injuries so we can be "fans" of the team.

Almost every time I have watched a Steelers game in Pittsburgh, the announcers comment on what a poor field that is. I guess you have never heard that from former NFL player who announce games there. Sorry I am trying to make some small excuse for our team after 2 tough loses. You know, the guys who go out there and get the crap beat out of them and some serious injuries so we can be "fans" of the team.
What are you talking about? Your comment about our guys getting the crap beat out of them makes no sense in this context. I never disparaged the players as you implied.

The field can be a crappy field but was fine for this game. Both teams played on the same surface and it had no impact on the outcome of the game. I saw nobody slip while cutting. No kickers had difficulty with plant feet while kicking. It was a non-issue.

I fully expect you to dig your heels in deeper on your next response that I will not reply to.

What are you talking about? Your comment about our guys getting the crap beat out of them makes no sense in this context. I never disparaged the players as you implied.

The field can be a crappy field but was fine for this game. Both teams played on the same surface and it had no impact on the outcome of the game. I saw nobody slip while cutting. No kickers had difficulty with plant feet while kicking. It was a non-issue.

I fully expect you to dig your heels in deeper on your next response that I will not reply to.
I was talking about the beating they take playing the game of football. What's the problem with wanting to cut them some slack.

Their field goal kicker didn’t seem to have any problem on their turf. Holy moly
If you really like somebody and they do something wrong to you, don't you try to find some kind of excuse for them? Let them off the hook for an indiscretion.

And almost everybody has grass practice fields, including SU. Our guys probably spend more time practicing on natural grass than they do on fieldturf.

Schwartzwalder Practice Field Gets Makeover - Syracuse University Athletics
I would guess they practice on grass when they are playing on grass and likewise Ffield Turf. I coach HS soccer and we only played 1 of 14 games on grass. We practiced w
2 days on grass..In passing I don't believe the grass was our problem(SU) so this debate is not to relevant.

Right there with you. I just stayed away from the board for a couple of days. That and the Meme thread (thank you OP) did a lot to restore my equilibrium.

I would guess they practice on grass when they are playing on grass and likewise Ffield Turf. I coach HS soccer and we only played 1 of 14 games on grass. We practiced w
2 days on grass..In passing I don't believe the grass was our problem(SU) so this debate is not to relevant.
I believe it is more weather related. Mosr of spring and preseason practice was outside. They only went inside when it rained. I suppose it could be different in season though.