489 | Syracusefan.com

MOOK!

All kidding aside, he got a nice opportunity to audition at the end of last season--hope that translates into him making a squad this year. There are a lot worse ways to earn a living than being an end of the bench NBA journeyman.

I never thought I would see Robert Sacre on an NBA list. God, he is terrible. I can't see him sticking very long.

I always knew KJo was a better player than Mike Bibby...

the ranks are, of course, meaningless, especially at the lower ends. You could re-shuffle 300 through 500 and place them in just about any order. same is true for 200-299, 100-199. with 100+ voters, they are probably only going to get any kind of reasonable convergent validity on the top 15-20. it's just typical silly season fun. I want to see where Fab, Flynn, Greene and Wes come in. I wonder if Wes will be the lowest ranked starter in the Association.

and, for what its worth, last year's Mr. 500 was Lavoy Allen, who ended up being a playoff star for the Sixers and got an official apology from Henry Abbot last spring.

There are only 450 jobs in the NBA 30teams 15 spots each!

There are only 450 jobs in the NBA 30teams 15 spots each!
it's complicated - teams are required to carry 12 active players, but they are also required to have at least one and as many as three on their inactive list. the players at the margins come and go, so even though there are only 360 or so active at any one time, there will be 500 or more appearing on roster lists over the course of a season.

Kris Joseph in at 467

He if gets any PT for Celtics this year, I think (hope) he moves up significantly in next year's rankings.

it's complicated - teams are required to carry 12 active players, but they are also required to have at least one and as many as three on their inactive list. the players at the margins come and go, so even though there are only 360 or so active at any one time, there will be 500 or more appearing on roster lists over the course of a season.
Yes but once you pass 450 most of those guys are on 10 day contracts.

once you pass 250, they should all be on 10 day contracts #ifIwasKing
lol! only football players would a agree to that...NFL players union worst union in the world!

Darius Johnson Odom, who will not make the Lakers roster, is in at 456

OK, they just posted the final five names, so 401-500 are complete. The remaining Syracuse players have either cracked the top 400, are are unranked.

Fab Melo on the board today at 389

I sure hope the real Melo makes the list!

Also, I'm predicting Hak and Wes will land somewhere between 175-225.

Jonny Flynn, 386

BTW, they are going up to 381 today, then 361-380 tomorrow, etc.

LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Howard, Nowitski, Rondo, Pierce, Wade, Paul should be above Melo, and that's 9 right there. I don't think #12 is that big a slap in the face.

LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Howard, Nowitski, Rondo, Pierce, Wade, Paul should be above Melo, and that's 9 right there. I don't think #12 is that big a slap in the face.
Paul Pierce is going to be 35 by the time the season starts. Just saying.

Donte is 336...Anthony Parker is 335 and he is retired!

No way pierce is higher than melo

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

that's everyone except Melo, so the order is:
  • 272, Hakim Warrick
  • 293, Dion Waiters
  • 322, Wes Johnson
  • 336, Donte Greene
  • 386, Jonny Flynn
  • 389, Fab Melo
  • 467, Kris Joseph
  • 489, Mookie Watkins
there will most likely be 7 former Orangemen on an NBA roster opening night (Mookie will be in Turkey and I think Flynn will probably end up over seas as well, but that KJ will make the Celts roster).

7 guys, only one in the top 250