4th and 2, 12 points down | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4th and 2, 12 points down

If I could give a dislike I would given OP 100 dislikes. Um,NO!!! The coach showed how he is a spineless jellyfish, by not going for 4th and TWO. If it was even 4th and 5 or more MAYBE he could have punted. However, punting the ball basically said I have no confidence in my offense to get two yards to be able to win a football game.Marrone showed he has small cajones. I loved how we played and showed USC we belonged on the same field, but HCDM really lost my respect with the punt. He did the same thing 2 years ago against Boston College down 11 points with 3 minutes left he punted on 4th and 5.

Y'all gotta remember, Marrone was taught by Coach MacPherson.

Marrone thought he was being "Risky" by going for it on 3rd down.

I would have been fine with going for it on 4th and not getting it. I'm not okay with punting and having that possession turn into a TD.

I think people are also forgetting that we then made the somewhat strange decision to go with an onsides kick after answering USC's score. Not that this is an altogether awful move but I would think if you were going to gamble, you'd gamble with your offense on a 4th-and-2 at midfield when they had played well much of the half, vs. a play that's a total crapshoot even if you have good special teams. And we don't have good special teams (not that I needed to mention that).

I didnt like it because you could tell the d had nothing left and he should have gone for it but being overly dramatic about it and throwing some fit like the call was inexcusable doesn't make sense to me either.. I say go to Doug decided to punt, it didn't work. Move on. How many were at the game? This program is coming around...

Throw in the 12 yard punt as a questionable decision as well...

Questionable? Nothing questionable about how horrible that call was. What the do we accomplish there? 12 yards of field position? That made no ing sense.

being overly dramatic about it and throwing some fit like the call was inexcusable doesn't make sense to me either.. I say go to Doug decided to punt, it didn't work. Move on. How many were at the game? This program is coming around...
. Exactly. With such an extreme over reaction, i feel like I'm stuck arguing it was a great call by Doug. Point is, it was a rational decision.

Throw in the fact that our punt coverage team is the weakest unit by far and people are justifying giving them more opportunities to screw us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom