4th year juniors | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

4th year juniors

Geno Thorpe is leaving USF. Could be a good one to target.

There were rumors that he was locked in to PITT but they ended up being false. Would love to see us try to get involved.

There were rumors that he was locked in to PITT but they ended up being false. Would love to see us try to get involved.
That would make sense since it's his home town and Pitt needs proven scorers too.

A few more 4th year juniors that may become grad transfers:

Austin Luke, PG Belmont - 2nd in the country in assists. 6'3", career 36% from 3 but only 33% this year. Not much of a scorer.
Frank Bartley G, La-Lafeyette - Transfer from BYU. 15ppg, 36% from 3.
Jaaron Simmons PG, Ohio - 7th in the country in assists, but also 4 turnovers per game. 16ppg, 36% from 3. 6'1". Houston transfer.
Bryson Scott, G IPFW - Purdue transfer, 16.5ppg, 5 rebounds per. 6'1"
Brenton Scott, G Indiana State - 16ppg, 36% from 3.
Josh Braun, G Grand Canyon - 17.5ppg, 41% from 3. 6'4"
Marcus Jackson, G Rice - Teammate of board favorite Egor. 6'3", 12ppg, 37% from 3.

It's crystal clear that it doesn't matter to recruits re: crowd size. I personally don't get it. But, top recruits commit to schools everywhere that average 10-15K. Something else is steering away top recruits especially coming off a F4. I don't think that even matters SO much, frankly. Or else why can't we hang with Arizona in recruiting? Or Kansas? Those teams are consistently so good and don't play zone 100%. That's the only answer I can deduce. Yes, the coaching uncertainty is a factor but that shouldn't matter with the stud one and dones who would've had Boeheim for a year or two anyways. I don't know. Certainly something is up in terms of why great guards and PGs aren't lining up to come here the past 3-4 years.

Sheesh. Lots of things go into recruiting and lots of things went into making Syracuse a perennial power over the past 30+ years... And crowd size/fan enthusiasm certainly doesn't hurt either of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom