5-22 Cal beats 22-5 Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5-22 Cal beats 22-5 Washington

Before this i was thinking he was firmly in the 7-10 game as a 7 seed with a chance to move up a line or two depending on how the conf tourneys shook out. That was assuming they won out and won the PAC 12. This probably puts them in the 8-9 game.

Losing to a team that bad could hurt their seeding. I can't even imagine this place if we lost to a team as bad as Cal.
Possibly, I hear ya. I just think it’s possible that if that is Hops worst loss that the committee would look at it as more of an anomaly. If the loss leads to other losses that is a different story. Yeah this board would be in shambles if that were to happen.

In that conference, they are certainly looking at an 8/9 game. There were listed as a 7 seed before that loss.

The PAC is horrible
Gotcha...was not looking necessarily through a conference lens when I made the comment but I get what you’re saying. Had not been keeping tabs on the PAC.

Wow, stunner for Hop. Has to kill U Dubs seeding

2be1y3.jpg

UW surprisingly only dropped 3 spots in the NET. This probably moved them down at least 1 seed, possibly 2. Depending on how they finish out the season, could finish anywhere from a 7 to a 10 seed.

FIRE HOP!!!!!!

Am I doing this right?
You get credit for posting this hot take, but to be truly batstuff crazy you need to act like you really believe it.
I think the sincerity part is lacking.

Possibly, I hear ya. I just think it’s possible that if that is Hops worst loss that the committee would look at it as more of an anomaly. If the loss leads to other losses that is a different story. Yeah this board would be in shambles if that were to happen.

It's not going to ruin their chances. And he's done a great job at UW. I just think this can be the difference in 7 vs 8 seed.

UW surprisingly only dropped 3 spots in the NET.

That's why I am not big on the NET ranking. Way too much credence given to margin of victory/defeat. If i'm right, I think I read somewhere that the NET effectively counts the margin twice...

FIRE HOP!!!!!!

Am I doing this right?
Good start. I would suggest also blaming it on his lack of coaching ability while taking a dig at his personality. Then you would really have something.

Try this

FIRE HOP!!!!!! He refuses to to make any adjustments. This is on the coach. Unacceptable. It’s why year after year we don’t make the tournament. His reliance on the zone is getting stale. He’s too friendly with his players to get them to play hard. I bet you he‘ll talk about basketball in the presser instead of actually taking accountability and resigning.

Good start. I would suggest also blaming it on his lack of coaching ability while taking a dig at his personality. Then you would really have something.

Try this

FIRE HOP! He refuses to to make any adjustments. This is on the coach. Unacceptable. It’s why year after year we don’t make the tournament. His reliance on the zone is getting stale. He’s too friendly with his players to get them to play hard. I bet you he‘ll talk about basketball in the presser instead of actually taking accountability and resigning.
This isn't Hop's fault. I mean if G Mac could recruit then UW would never have lost this game.

Why is UW a lock if they don't win their league tourney? Am I missing their out of conference resume builders? ASU is awful but has some names on their resume.

Any chance the PAC gets relegated?.. Anybody we can move up to replace their shenanigans in CFB & MCBB.

I kid... but we’re starting to reach that level of ineptitude from their conference.

Bubble teams better hope and pray this doesn't happen in the PAC 12 tourney.. UW is the only team sniffing an at large.. if they are upset in the tourney and the PAC gets a second team in ..POP!

I know it's a bad conference but it should be noted that they clinched the regular season champions outright last night. Congrats to Hop on how quickly he's turned that team around.
Right place, right time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom