5 game bowl math still really in play | Syracusefan.com

5 game bowl math still really in play

upperdeck

Living Legend
not sure how we get to 5 now, but still so many teams sitting at 4-5 wins , so complicated to see how many of those teams play teach other to see a path to 270..

pitt winning means root for them to beat Duke now.

59 teams in. I see 52 in play to get to 5 wins

Playing the what if game hoping for the best outcomes for the clear favorites I get 14 of those left getting to 6+ wins, that includes Hawaii who ends up 6-7 so i think that gets them in or puts them in the 5 team pool?

I get 18 teams getting to 5 wins for those last 7 spots.

This assumes NC state needs to lose out, uconn beats BC and Pitt beats Duke or they get back into the mix.

of those 17 schools were are tied for 5th . It includes ND who most feel would not go with 5 wins.

All hope is not lost but 3 ACC teams need to fail for us to have a better shot.

Last edited:
I guess we'll just have to win the next two then.

59 teams in. I see 52 in play to get to 5 wins

Playing the what if game hoping for the best outcomes for the clear favorites I get 14 of those left getting to 6+ wins, that includes Hawaii who ends up 6-7 so i think that gets them in or puts them in the 5 team pool?

I get 18 teams getting to 5 wins for those last 7 spots.

This assumes NC state needs to lose out, uconn beats BC and Pitt beats Duke or they get back into the mix.

of those 17 schools were are tied for 5th . It includes ND who most feel would not go with 5 wins.

All hope is not lost but 3 ACC teams need to fail for us to have a better shot.

I don't think we can count on UConn, as lame as BC is, they aren't UConn lame and the game is at BC. NC State and Duke losing out would be nice. Of course we actually need to win a 5th game too. Without Dungey the last two games, amongst all the other injuries and way too young starting units, don't see it happening.

I don't want to be that guy, but I hate the idea of 5 win teams going to bowl games.

I don't want to be that guy, but I hate the idea of 5 win teams going to bowl games.

Has there ever been a team that finished a season 5-8? I think all of the 5 win teams last year won their bowl games.

Would hate to be the answer to that trivia question.

(kind of like being the answer to the birthplace and death of college football).

If you're in love with the "pageantry" of bowls, I can see your point.

But it's very much akin to a young basketball team in year one getting to play in the NIT. It's a low pressure game that no one outside of the schools will care about outcome-wise. Bunch of extra practices. Just get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom