5 games in 9 days coming up (will need solid bench contributions) | Syracusefan.com

5 games in 9 days coming up (will need solid bench contributions)

Cstate

Scout Team
Feb 19-28 we play 5 games (2 road and 3 at home) in 9 days, so we will need solid bench play. No way should our starters even see the minutes that they average up until this point. Based on the season so far, I’m more confident of course with Frank and Sy being able to contribute meaningful minutes more so than Benny. However, if there is ever going to be a stretch that I hope he surprises us, I pray it will be during this brutal stretch of games!!

**first things first though, let handle business this Saturday @ VT**

Its tough because when you are firing on all cylinders long layoffs can be as bad as a quick turnaround when you are playing poorly and need a pause.

Right now we are in that let's keep running it back mode.

And follow up that Wed game with Duke on Saturday and Monday at UNC. Thanks ACC!
Well Duke at Cameron beat us by 20. Then Duke @UNC beat them by 20.

So that means Cuse > UNC.
We should beat them by 3

The week break (next game after VT 2/12 is the following Saturday 2/19) prior to the brutal stretch will be most useful.
but yeah, afraid we're gonna see some tired legs by the time @ unc rolls around (when we're likely to need them most)

When games come down to the wire, if Symir is playing, smart teams will foul him. The ceiling of this team is its bench. I bave not lost hope, but realistically we are not dancing. First, Covid ended real dancing, and now a thin bench is ending my fanfasy dancing. Just like the soup Nazi says, no dance for you!

Ummmm….before Jesse’s news today I was already slightly concerned, but now! Yikes

I hope Jimmy has great cardio and his father's stubbornness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom