5 guys, 3 spots? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

5 guys, 3 spots?

it may come down to if they find someone too good to pass up in the transfer market.. they are looking for several spots to help with a Grad kid and if its in a spot of need even more than a LB they will use it someplace else. of course it also depends on how many more they have to use.

Shy will be eligible to return to Syracuse this summer. He is doing great in his classes and is working out and eating the way I want him to. I will be having him working out with a combine training instructor in the coming weeks to improve his speed. He has free tuition to any mass state school something we knew about thru his adoption but got approval for a couple weeks ago. He is dying to get back with his team mates and it’s killing him to see every picture they post. That said the scholarship situation and what I’ve seen in press conferences I am afraid returning to Syracuse may not be financially possible. We will see when the grades are final if the staff wants him back. He will need one class to graduate at Syracuse but the cost of one semester may be out of reach. It will be a stressful few months for sure.

If that happens, the board should do a gofundme for Shy. I have to imagine we can put a major dent in a semester’s cost. If he’s a general student it’s not a violation either.

If that happens, the board should do a gofundme for Shy. I have to imagine we can put a major dent in a semester’s cost. If he’s a general student it’s not a violation either.
I appreciate that but I’m sure if Shy returns to Syracuse it will be 80% for football. He can transfer to unmass for free and complete his degree if football wasn’t the future. Right now all focus is on getting back there and playing next season

Hi. Captain Buzzkill here.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking this would be an NCAA violation.
I think he is saying if Shy just comes back to finish his degree and not play football.

Hi. Captain Buzzkill here.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking this would be an NCAA violation.
I'm soooooo stealing this.

And yeah, it should be for you, but might just end up being bnoro... let's hope no one gets irrationally excited over a blue chipper in the next few months.

People worry about this every year. Last year I believe we actually ended up 1 or 2 players under the 85 limit by the start of fall camp (which is when the head count matters).

Dino does not agree with this math, right? at least that's what I took away from the press conference the other day

Not exactly, What he said was there were more spots available. The class limit is still 25. Total size has a cap of 85. That should mean any additional kids they bring in will have to be transfers as they don't count towards the 25 limit. Unless they blueshirt a kid. Bring them in but don't give them a scholarship until Fall season starts.

So something officially has to give now...

Cordy first. He gone.
I hope they can hold a spot for Cullen, but there is clearly a grad OT coming.
That's either Shy's spot, or Pickard or maybe somebody else that we don't know about.

Cordy first. He gone.
I hope they can hold a spot for Cullen, but there is clearly a grad OT coming.
That's either Shy's spot, or Pickard or maybe somebody else that we don't know about.
Cordy is not included in the 86. So add another departure.

Is this with Cordy staying? or does he have to leave in order for us to be at 85?

What other transfer offers do we have out there? Have to think one of the spots is going to an OT, but I only remember the south Alabama kid still being available/offered. Do we grab a TE, too? Do we find out if there are more departures soon?

What other transfer offers do we have out there? Have to think one of the spots is going to an OT, but I only remember the south Alabama kid still being available/offered. Do we grab a TE, too? Do we find out if there are more departures soon?

I think they would grab a TE if they found a good fit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom