5 Hour Energy | Syracusefan.com

5 Hour Energy

TinyManInside

Our only goal will be the western shores.
Any of you guys/gals use 5-hour energy? I went to the game last night and got up this morning at 4:45 to drive back to DC. I was pretty tired because I stayed up until almost 1 AM talking with some friends after the game, so I stopped and drank a 5 hour energy shortly after I started the trip. I don't drink coffee and this is the first (and last) time I have ever taken this stuff.

I don't think it gave me any extra energy (I was still pretty drowsy during the drive), but it made me really jittery. It is now 7+ hours later and I'm literally shaking and sweating. This is freakin' awful.

I am so sorry! I have never taken the stuff because I know two people who did who did the same thing. It will pass! Could you pop a Benadryl? Do you have any xanax? Something to counter the jitters. Perhaps call your doctor? I hear you when you say NEVER AGAIN.

I have taken five hour energy several times, especially when driving on long trips. It has never had that effect on me. It doesn't make me jittery or anything like that it just makes it where I'm not at all drowsy. Sorry to hear you had a reaction to it. I tend to not want to ever drink anything like that or take any kind of supplements or anything. But in the case of driving I always felt like the risk was better than the alternative of possibly falling asleep. Basically a risk trade.

There is no such thing as "energy" drink. All marketing with no scientific basis and with huge long term negative health implications. There is no scientific way to give yourself drinkable energy. This includes gatorade and other such nonsense. Caffeine which is typically one of the ingredients does keep you awake longer though.

Do they still sell Yellowjackets in convenience stores down South?

There is no such thing as "energy" drink. All marketing with no scientific basis and with huge long term negative health implications. There is no scientific way to give yourself drinkable energy. This includes gatorade and other such nonsense. Caffeine which is typically one of the ingredients does keep you awake longer though.

I'd like to know more about those huge long term negative health implications.

Any of you guys/gals use 5-hour energy? I went to the game last night and got up this morning at 4:45 to drive back to DC. I was pretty tired because I stayed up until almost 1 AM talking with some friends after the game, so I stopped and drank a 5 hour energy shortly after I started the trip. I don't drink coffee and this is the first (and last) time I have ever taken this stuff.

I don't think it gave me any extra energy (I was still pretty drowsy during the drive), but it made me really jittery. It is now 7+ hours later and I'm literally shaking and sweating. This is freakin' awful.

I used to take it before hitting the gym. I have thyroid meds I take every morning and after just 2 months having one a few days a week it totally screwed up my last results. Def experienced that same sensation. Stuff is awful for you.

Since you're not a coffee drinker it sounds like you're ultra caffeine sensitive. Aside from the caffeine, which has been shown to increase alertness, most of the stuff in these energy drinks are jokes. They put B vitamins in them because research has shown our bodies require them for energy. The thing is, if you already get enough B vitamins through your diet, the stuff you get in the drink is unnecessary and ineffective.

Since you're not a coffee drinker it sounds like you're ultra caffeine sensitive. Aside from the caffeine, which has been shown to increase alertness, most of the stuff in these energy drinks are jokes. They put B vitamins in them because research has shown our bodies require them for energy. The thing is, if you already get enough B vitamins through your diet, the stuff you get in the drink is unnecessary and ineffective.

Yeah..from that standpoint it's just making your urine more expensive.

I like it for the caffeine and the fact that it doesn't make me as jittery as coffee does.

I used it once on a long drive and had the same experience. Wouldn't use it again.

Starbucks 6.5 Doubleshot with Cream does the trick every time.

God, I hope it wears off soon. I have never tried that stuff (I don't even drink coffee). I always thought that is can't be good for you.

Its basically a vitamin B shot. Not much caffeine in the stuff at all.

Sorry about that. I could have told you that is what would happen to you based on your normal diet. The stuff is bad man. Bunch of marketing BS. Sort of like the monster drinks...of course my favorite thing about monster drinks is their worship of satan

Jacked3d mixed with weight gain supplements (like NO) = Bad news. Can screw you up. I stay away from all those energy drinks hyped on TV

On the bright side, the next time you try one and get jittery you can go find some drums and use that jittery energy to perform a killer solo.

it was a placebo. i bet you get hammered on grape juice too

(kidding)

It took about 12 hours to wear off... I basically drank about a gallon of water to flush it out of my system. I will NEVER drink that stuff or take anything like it again.

Glad to hear it's done, but you really should think about coffee. It's delicious and it's good for you. As a matter of fact, time for another cuppa for me.

Try Mountain Dew if ya wanna wake up.
Mt Dew is worse for you than energy drinks.

But yeah I have taekn 5 hour energy drinks a lot, I too like them. I have never had the jittery feeling as I have with red bull or something like that. it just kept me awake longer. I live 12 hours away from closest family so I drive a lot of long trips and it has helped me a ton. also a good way to kick off the rust from a solid hangover and get back after it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom