5 Hour Energy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5 Hour Energy

I drink two everyday and they are AWESOME! I buy them from SAM's club and go through a box in two weeks.

I've never tried 5 Hr or any of the Red Bull or Rock Star stuff. When I was teaching you could often see kids buzzed on the stuff. I could give up beer easier than caffeine. :) And Gatorade, which I don't believe is advertised as an "energy drink" is good stuff if I've been golfing in the heat (over 80 degrees F) and really good if you're hung over.

You should try wheatgrass, it doesn't taste good to you get used to liking greens, but its like putting down a shot of fresh green veggies.Go down to a local juice store, jamba juice or a wholefoods they sell it in shots for only 2-3 dollars. Its better then coffee, full of energy, you won't crash, and nothing unnatural to it.

One ounce of Wheatgrass Juice is equivalent in vitamins, minerals, andamino acids found in 2-1/2 pounds of green leaf vegetables.

http://www.abbyshealthandnutrition....s=10&storeID=31p2khb77sus9mb3px56r5g71bftekf1

Had me a double shot today.

Last edited:
My wife, at one point, had like a section of wheatgrass sod in our fridge that she would mow(?) with the scissors and make some type of concoction out of. She swore by it.

This was always handy during finals in my youth

jolt.jpg

I used to just take No-Doz in college. Worked like a charm

I swear that stuff is a placebo. I've used it before but haven't felt anything. Give me a good cup of coffee any day.

Some of the long-term side effects include growing a third eye, losing a limb, acting like a Hoya and death (pharmaceutical commercial voice).

Worth it.

I used to just take No-Doz in college. Worked like a charm
Had a really bad experience with No-Doz, friend had a couple in order to study all night. She was super jittery, crying all night.

Any of you guys/gals use 5-hour energy? I went to the game last night and got up this morning at 4:45 to drive back to DC. I was pretty tired because I stayed up until almost 1 AM talking with some friends after the game, so I stopped and drank a 5 hour energy shortly after I started the trip. I don't drink coffee and this is the first (and last) time I have ever taken this stuff.

I don't think it gave me any extra energy (I was still pretty drowsy during the drive), but it made me really jittery. It is now 7+ hours later and I'm literally shaking and sweating. This is freakin' awful.

how do you do on mary jane?

how do you do on mary jane?

I don't. I've never smoked anything in my life, not even a single puff. I've never had a cup of coffee, never taken any non-prescription pills of any type, never snorted anything.

I do drink beer though. A lot. I drink a lot of beer.

I don't. I've never smoked anything in my life, not even a single puff. I've never had a cup of coffee, never taken any non-prescription pills of any type, never snorted anything.
wow . . . I always thought of you as our version of Jim Carroll

yjbmm.gif

I'd like to know more about those huge long term negative health implications.

Flip the can around and look at the ingredients. Name one thing on there that healthy in that dose. 4x the caffeine content of a cup of coffee in an instant is also very bad. On the other hand, regular coffee is fine in moderation.

I do drink beer though. A lot. I drink a lot of beer.

Sounds like youre not used to uppers.

wow . . . I always thought of you as our version of Jim Carroll

yjbmm.gif

haha. nice. When I was in college basically everyone thought was I a massive stoner, so you're certainly not the first person to come to this conclusion.

Flip the can around and look at the ingredients. Name one thing on there that healthy in that dose. 4x the caffeine content of a cup of coffee in an instant is also very bad. On the other hand, regular coffee is fine in moderation.

So you're speculating based on ingredients,but don't actually know what thte long term implications are.

Which is fine...you just sounded so authoritative.

TinyManInside said:
haha. nice. When I was in college basically everyone thought was I a massive stoner, so you're certainly not the first person to come to this conclusion.

Well when you play in a band and have purple hair....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom