5 players leave | Syracusefan.com

5 players leave

Bortukal

All Conference
Mario Tull, Jonny Miller, Shane Raupers, Corey Edsall and Nick Raven. No reasons given, although I think we can figure out the story with Miller.

Syracuse.com story

We've mentioned some, if not all, of these here a while back.

Edsall's departure is warranted due to the move to the ACC.

Tull's departure is no surprise either. They moved him from a position of need (LB) and buried him on the depth chart at RB.

I don't think he was a D-I player.

Why, was he a spy?
Yea, that's it. :)
It's all about appearances.

This change removes three (appearances of) possible conflicts of interest... two on Randy's side:
- at home, in case Cory were to get hurt in a game vs MD
- with the MD team, "why didn't we blitz when his son was in?"

and one on Cory's side:
- with the SU team

As in business, it's best to avoid such appearances. If Cory has similar, or better, opportunities elsewhere then this makes sense. He may even have a better chance of getting playing time at another program.

Mario Tull, Jonny Miller, Shane Raupers, Corey Edsall and Nick Raven. No reasons given, although I think we can figure out the story with Miller.

Syracuse.com story

I'll be curious to know the Mario Tull story and see if a Daily News article ever pops up.

I hate when they report walkons as leaving the team. rauper, edsall, raven = walkons.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

WE LOST JONNY MILLER!

Syracuse.com story

Tull equals one extra scholie next year. Figured he was leaving, but that's all the news value there.

Tull equals one extra scholie next year. Figured he was leaving, but that's all the news value there.

Yep. I'd assume walk-ons leave all the time from all levels of programs. This isn't really news, and Tull is really a small blip on the radar. I wish him well wherever he winds up.

I'm g

Syracuse.com story
uessing that Doug was very honest with them and their chance of playing time. Raupers hurts as he was a good punter and Fisher is now the "one". Maybe one of the kickers can serve as a back up.

Better kick Addazio off the team now!
A walkon choosing to leave is different than a school pulling a player's scholarship.

A walkon choosing to leave is different than a school pulling a player's scholarship.

Yeah I know, I was trying to be funny. I don't think edsall left because we are going to the ACC and was poking fun at it.

Yep. I'd assume walk-ons leave all the time from all levels of programs. This isn't really news, and Tull is really a small blip on the radar. I wish him well wherever he winds up.

I think Tull might have helped us a bit with Laray Smith, but as long as he doesn't bash our program I think we'll be fine.

any of these kids Turning Stone casualties?