5 shooters and we want to talk zone | Syracusefan.com

5 shooters and we want to talk zone

20Plus

Gillon/Battle/White/Lydon/Thompson

Try to out score opponents. Easier style to coach and for this group. Crazy to not adapt to this.

Playing this lineup with JB's zone would give up 100 PPG.
The defense is more important than the offense right now.
White/Lydon/Thompson score we just can't stop anybody.

Any change would be more awful in offense then improvement on D

Any change would be more awful in offense then improvement on D
So we know this team can't play man to man how?
I don't believe our m2m D is worse than our zone D.
Playing man to man D should have little effect on our offense. It would help us rebound and could get the transition game some help.

So we know this team can't play man to man how?
I don't believe our m2m D is worse than our zone D.
Playing man to man D should have little effect on our offense. It would help us rebound and could get the transition game some help.

As Sigmund Bloom (a Cuse guy!) will say in his Football Guys' podcasts; It looks like we can't bank on the "assumption of rational coaching" these days.

That lineup would be pretty awful at rebounding at both ends of the floor, too.

That lineup would be pretty awful at rebounding at both ends of the floor, too.
I don't know what we're talking about here

Players that are not it in this line of our Roberson I don't know if he's going to remember to get rebounds or not

And Coleman enough said

I think White is a good rebounder and I think Thompson is better rebounder than coleman

and I think Lydon is average or better and I like battle crashing the boards

Boeheim's first iteration of an offensive philosophy could be called the Louie and Bouie show, which was, rebound the ball and attack the offensive zone before the defense had time to set up, nonstop fast break. I'm sure a lot of fans now who are too young to have seen it can even believe it happened. Maybe JB's too old to remember that was what made him in the first place. He needs to bring back his youthful exuberance, come on coach, back to the future. A good first step for him would be to wear one of his back in the day plaid blazers, make it fun again Jim.

Last edited:
I don't know what we're talking about here

Players that are not it in this line of our Roberson I don't know if he's going to remember to get rebounds or not

And Coleman enough said

I think White is a good rebounder and I think Thompson is better rebounder than coleman

and I think Lydon is average or better and I like battle crashing the boards
The lineup you've proposed is probably the worst rebounding combination possible from the current group of players available. On a per 40 minute basis, Coleman and Roberson are the best rebounders on this team, and are certainly the best on the offensive glass. White is only average considering his size and position, and is actually only slightly better than Howard to date. Howard is easily the best rebounder of the three guards. Battle and Gillon are barely a factor on the glass so far.

As Casey Stengel said, you could look it up.

Screenshot_2017-01-04-07-38-18.png

Last edited:
The lineup you've proposed is probably the worst rebounding combination possible from the current group of players available. On a per 40 minute basis, Coleman and Roberson are the best rebounders on this team, and are certainly the best on the offensive glass. White is only average considering his size and position, and is actually only slightly better than Howard to date. Howard is easily the best rebounder of the three guards. Battle and Gillon are barely a factor on the glass so far.

View attachment 85963

You can't get rebounds when the other team doesn't miss!

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

View attachment 85963
When A walk on leads stat you use

You need to just give it up

When I walk on leads us stat you need to just give it up
Couldn't filter the walk-ons out of that page. I figured you'd be smart enough to realize that stats for guys who have played less 10 minutes in garbage time are essentially meaningless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom