50 games in 20 weeks ... that's a lot to ask of an 18 year old. | Syracusefan.com

50 games in 20 weeks ... that's a lot to ask of an 18 year old.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Especially against players 5 years older and more experienced.

What happens if Baze gets hurt? What kind of medical treatment can he expect in Sioux Falls? Is his contract guaranteed? I knew a guy who played semi-pro football once, and if he missed a game he didn't get paid.

Since a lot of the G-League players are on Two-Way contracts, Baze may have different teammates every night. Tough to develop chemistry with your teammates if they keep changing.

And as it's been pointed out ... if he ends up on a team affiliated with one NBA franchise, and they have no interest in drafting him, they may not want to invest too much time in developing him for a divisional rival.

In reality I don’t think he will play a ton during actual games. If he’s really talented, the team will not want to showcase him during games. Instead, they will decide to develop him during practice, individual drills, and s&c program.

If he’s bad they won’t play him much anyway. Regardless, the team that he plays for will be the only team that really knows what they’re getting.

That dilemma is the biggest flaw with his plan.

Sebastian Telfair said it was a culture shock having play as many games as he did in one season. His body wasn't prepared for the rigors of the NBA.

don't tell Boeheim that. those kids can play 40 minutes for 50 games and like it !

They are 20 years old, they don’t get tired! Wait, they do get tired! Scratch that, they don’t get tired! What was the question again?

Especially against players 5 years older and more experienced.

What happens if Baze gets hurt? What kind of medical treatment can he expect in Sioux Falls? Is his contract guaranteed? I knew a guy who played semi-pro football once, and if he missed a game he didn't get paid.

Since a lot of the G-League players are on Two-Way contracts, Baze may have different teammates every night. Tough to develop chemistry with your teammates if they keep changing.

And as it's been pointed out ... if he ends up on a team affiliated with one NBA franchise, and they have no interest in drafting him, they may not want to invest too much time in developing him for a divisional rival.
I think he'll struggle physically... This is a very interesting case. He has a steep hill in front of him.

I just don't think he's going to play much at all. and that might be better for his draft prospects.

don't tell Boeheim that. those kids can play 40 minutes for 50 games and like it !

Should’ve played the walk-ons and hurt guys more, right T-Bone!!?? Then they would’ve went beyond the sweet 16!

Were you that annoying guy at the Dome who would spend the whole game bitching about how Mookie doesn’t play and trying to get “Mookie!” chants going in the season that we went 10 deep and had a 34-3 record?

putting 3 dudes in the top 5 mpg in the ncaa tells me somebody has an issue with roster management. 34-36 minutes tops is ideal. devonte graham (37.8) from kansas is the only player in the final four who made top 100. guessing everybody else must be under 35 minutes average. the way it should be.

Last edited:
In reality I don’t think he will play a ton during actual games. If he’s really talented, the team will not want to showcase him during games. Instead, they will decide to develop him during practice, individual drills, and s&c program.

If he’s bad they won’t play him much anyway. Regardless, the team that he plays for will be the only team that really knows what they’re getting.

That dilemma is the biggest flaw with his plan.
What are you talking about? The team has no affiliation with any NBA team. It’s not the minor leagues. These coaches need to win to help their careers. They don’t care about development. They only have the kid 1 year. It’s win now.

What are you talking about? The team has no affiliation with any NBA team. It’s not the minor leagues. These coaches need to win to help their careers. They don’t care about development. They only have the kid 1 year. It’s win now.
Lol. Majority of g league teams are owned and operated by NBA teams. Check your facts. Apologize later.

Bazley’s dilemma is the NBA team won’t own his draft rights. That can’t happen until the 2019 NBA draft.

Again, you can apologize later.

They’re all affiliated...but the affiliate has no right to an undrafted player.