6-4 | Syracusefan.com

6-4

I agree the NIT selection committee is really tough!
Can we really afford to turn the team over to AHC Hopkins in 18 months? Our long slide to mediocrity began last year (F4 was a miracle run), and after JAB retires, it will continue similar to UCONN, IU and UNC after their HOF coaches retired. Current recruiting is avg at best.

Last edited:
Can we really afford to turn the team over to AHC Hopkins in 18 months? See a long slide to mediocrity after JAB retires, not unlike UNC after Dean Smith. Current recruiting is avg at best.

Slide to mediocrity? We have been nothing but since that 25-0 aberration of a start in '14. Our ACC record has said as much as well as our overall record since then. Last's year's run to the FF was amazing, but it certainly masked who we currently are and have been since that aforementioned start. Not to mention still yet to even win one single game in the ACC Tournament. :(

Can we really afford to turn the team over to AHC Hopkins in 18 months? Our long slide to mediocrity began last year (F4 was a miracle run), and after JAB retires, it will continue similar to UCONN, IU and UNC after their HOF coaches retired. Current recruiting is avg at best.
Started 2 years ago. We would not have made the tourney in 15 even if eligible

The slide actually started when china and Ennis team lost to Boston college. They went 3 and 6 down the stretch and other than that great tournament run last year cuse hasn't been real good. I was worried about joining the ACC. Not because of the competition just because the games with schools like Clemson, Florida state and Georgia tech just have no emotion in them. It doesn't have that big east feel.

Have we ever had 4 losses in the first 10 games?

I miss Trevor Cooney. This is the most disappointing team I can remember
Cooney didn't play PG and was a worse 3-point shooter than at least two guys on this team.

Has JB ever had 3 different starting lineups in the first 3 games?

The slide actually started when china and Ennis team lost to Boston college. They went 3 and 6 down the stretch and other than that great tournament run last year cuse hasn't been real good. I was worried about joining the ACC. Not because of the competition just because the games with schools like Clemson, Florida state and Georgia tech just have no emotion in them. It doesn't have that big east feel.

Those games against South Florida and DePaul didn't bring the house down either.

The style of play in college hoops hasn't helped.

Why can't we get barely ANY penetration against anyone decent?! We love to pass the ball around the perimeter and stand around.

Why can't we get barely ANY penetration against anyone decent?! We love to pass the ball around the perimeter and stand around.

Gillon can penetrate just fine, execution is garbage.

Gillon can penetrate just fine, execution is garbage.

He needs to continue to penetrate but has to know to kick out. He could get away with this and finish in his league last year. Won't work against this competition. But another issue is everyone just standing around waiting for something to happen. I like his determination to get to the hoop, but then there is nowhere to go and people are just looking around. It's comical, yet sad.

He needs to continue to penetrate but has to know to kick out. He could get away with this and finish in his league last year. Won't work against this competition. But another issue is everyone just standing around waiting for something to happen. I like his determination to get to the hoop, but then there is nowhere to go and people are just looking around. It's comical, yet sad.

How about the play where Thompson hit the floor for a loose ball and was trying his best to hold it away from the guy trying for force a held ball while all four teammates stood motionless behind him? Not a single guy thought to move toward him for a pass. Boeheim had to take a timeout.

Very little chemistry right now.

How about the play where Thompson hit the floor for a loose ball and was trying his best to hold it away from the guy trying for force a held ball while all four teammates stood motionless behind him? Not a single guy thought to move toward him for a pass. Boeheim had to take a timeout.

Very little chemistry right now.

I almost made a comment in the thread about that.

Was one of the only times this year where one of our guys dove on the floor that I remember.

OrangeDW said:
96-97 maybe?

We had 4 non conference losses in 2015. But not sure about four losses after 10 games.

We had 4 non conference losses in 2015. But not sure about four losses after 10 games.

Just looked it up...we started 5-4 in 96-97. Lost by 34 to Kentucky, by 22 to WVU, lost at Miami, and lost to Eastern Michigan at home. Brutal.

At least we had the excuse of Todd Burgan being out suspended, if I remember right. This year, we got nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom