+6.5 tomorrow vs Duke | Syracusefan.com

+6.5 tomorrow vs Duke

That is much closer than Kenpom would predict, right? Or am I missing something.

I’m just not intimidated by this Duke team in the least.
If I knew for sure that Eli, Joe, and Buddy could be on fire, I wouldn’t be intimidated by Duke, either. It feels like if we play really well, we can beat them. But we have to play our best.

There have been other years when our best could not beat them. This year is not that.

We always play them tough, though. We have their grudging respect.

I’m just not intimidated by this Duke team in the least.
That’s what everyone says.

Then their guards slap the floor, and it’s a whole different game...

Marek and Sid need to combine for 20 plus for us to have a chance. If Marek goes for 15 or more we win.

I fear the overconfidence makes a loss inevitable.

Marek and Sid need to combine for 20 plus for us to have a chance. If Marek goes for 15 or more we win.

I'm much more concerned about how they can contain points in the paint against us..

I dont think how much they score has much to do with the outcome. it will depend more on how much scoring they prevent.

Strategy question: should Marek and Sid just let Carey score, and then we hope to outscore. That’s not such a dumb idea, is it?

IS IT???

What if Marek gets 15 and Sid gets less than 5? Your post would suggest that we win even though we have no chance. Am I reading that right?

Vernon Carey. Vernon Carey. Vernon Carey.

That is who will decide the game. If he gets 26 & 13 then I must say I doubt we win. He needs to have more like 14 points I think to see the path to victory.

Is the over-under really 110????? Where can I get me some over!

Vernon Carey. Vernon Carey. Vernon Carey.

That is who will decide the game. If he gets 26 & 13 then I must say I doubt we win. He needs to have more like 14 points I think to see the path to victory.
But how are we going to stop him without fouling out Sid and Marek? Should we send Edwards in there? Our guys will have to choose their fouls wisely and I don’t see evidence they can do that, especially Sid. The competitive juices get flowing and the next thing you know, they’re benched.

If our three scorers are hot, we might be able to afford to let him score.

This Duke team is meh. I mean they lost to Clemson and Stephen A. Some of our fans talking like Zion is walking through the door again.
We beat Zion but he had 30 and we scored over 90 as a team. I think if Carey does get 26/13 but they struggle from 3 we could still win. If Edwards plays more than 2 minutes tonight we’re in trouble. We need Sidibe to give us at least 28 minutes at the 5

Game depends on our 3 point shooting. Carey is gonna get his points and rebs. We need 12 3’s or more. Under 12 3’s it would be really really tough to win. We average 9 per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom