+6.5 tomorrow vs Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

+6.5 tomorrow vs Duke

Joe Girard goes for 25 tonight and hits some sort of game winner or clinching shot because he’s a psychopath

Game depends on our 3 point shooting. Carey is gonna get his points and rebs. We need 12 3’s or more. Under 12 3’s it would be really really tough to win. We average 9 per game.

Don’t think this is right. Louisville made 7. Clemson 8 and Stephen Austin 2 and they all won.

Don’t think this is right. Louisville made 7. Clemson 8 and Stephen Austin 2 and they all won.

And they’re all different teams than us. We rely on the 3 much more to score. I guarantee if we only make 2 3’s we lose bigly.

surprising that we have been winning without 3s but doing much better in the paint.. if we can get both going we become much tougher to defend.

And they’re all different teams than us. We rely on the 3 much more to score. I guarantee if we only make 2 3’s we lose bigly.

12 is a lot. When we Beat them in 16 and 17 we made 11 and 6 with two 3 point heavy teams. 8-10 should do it.

12 is a lot. When we Beat them in 16 and 17 we made 11 and 6 with two 3 point heavy teams. 8-10 should do it.
Oof. In 2017 Battle and Gillon went 11/18 from 2, 10/11 from the line and combined for 44pts. We went 6/11 from 3 as a team. In 2016 we only scored 64pts but we had 26 offensive rebounds.

8 3s would be really tough to win with... we made 8 vs OK State, 6 vs Penn State, and 6 vs Iowa

What if Marek gets 15 and Sid gets less than 5? Your post would suggest that we win even though we have no chance. Am I reading that right?”

what if sidibe has 50 and marek 14? Easy win right ? NOT SO FAST ... that just gives us a CHANCE to win (necessary but not sufficient ). Yet paradoxically, if Marek has just 15 and Sidibe 0 .. we definitely win

Game depends on our 3 point shooting. Carey is gonna get his points and rebs. We need 12 3’s or more. Under 12 3’s it would be really really tough to win. We average 9 per game.

historically when we play teams with a dominant big (think old time Mike Sweetney) the plan is to let them get theirs but do everything possible to shut down everyone else

historically when we play teams with a dominant big (think old time Mike Sweetney) the plan is to let them get theirs but do everything possible to shut down everyone else

My fear is that Carey fouls out our front line. For that reason the 6.5 seems light to me. Hope I'm wrong.

I dont think how much they score has much to do with the outcome. it will depend more on how much scoring they prevent.
If they are scoring Dukes Bigs will have foul trouble. Need to make Duke bigs work on D.

20 and 15.

20 pts and 15 rebounds combined between Sidibe and Dolezaj and we win.

20 and 15.

20 pts and 15 rebounds combined between Sidibe and Dolezaj and we win.
I will remember this when I am in the midst of Dome Frenzy and it will either greatly soothe me - or not.

Tell us what you are wearing so we can find you when you rush the court. ;)
Well, I will be dead because I will have to throw myself to the court from 309. But people could surf me to the court!

It would be nice to have a lead in the 2nd half and actually hold onto it. In 13 games against REAL teams, Syracuse has outscored the opposition in the 2nd half in 3 games -- GT, Georgetown, and BC. Duke is rated higher on defense than in recent years so let's hope our offense is on fire.

what's the board over/under for vernon carey jr ? i've watched a few minutes of duke games and it seems like once it's in the block it's a score. i predict major foul trouble underneath. or do we give him his and try to shut down the perimeter?

what's the board over/under for vernon carey jr ? i've watched a few minutes of duke games and it seems like once it's in the block it's a score. i predict major foul trouble underneath. or do we give him his and try to shut down the perimeter?
youd think we’d really focus on him - slowing down their best player and keeping our guys out of foul trouble simultaneously. But I could also see JB letting him get 26 and hoping they throw up a 4/22 from 3

mooney scored 28. i'll set the VC2 bar at 18. make your wagers.

Marek and Sid need to combine for 20 plus for us to have a chance. If Marek goes for 15 or more we win.

Marek had 22 and sidibe had 8 ... yet we lost by 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom